Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The best university to study fine arts. HELP! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello.
    I am going to apply for the fine arts BA this year. I am an international student.
    Could you please help me to know which of the universities is the best for me?

Please, make a ranking of the universities which were chosen by me or simply suggest the best one. Thank you very much!!!

1.University of the west of England

2.Newcastle university

3.Nottingham trent university

4.University of Southampton

5.Lancaster university

6.Newcastle university

7.University of Edinburgh

8. University for the creative arts

9.Coventry university

10. Goldsmiths university of London

ReputationRep:
    1) goldsmith
    2)edinburgh maybe
    3)and then come the rest (a slightly big gap )

but look at the website(since its a bit late for open days) and choose the uni that appeals to YOU

ReputationRep:
    Do you want the best in terms of the most famous and therefore the piece of paper you get at the end of it might worth a bit more? Or the best in terms of you actually getting some decent education out of it? Or the best in terms of student experience? There is just simply no easy answer for your question. Without knowing more, I would have to agree Goldsmith is the best out of your list but a couple of friends of mine said the art department at Goldsmith isn't very good and the teaching quality is not good too, but I don't know as I have no personal experience. Edinburgh and University of the creative arts are both pretty good in terms of giving some decent education. Nottingham Trent isn't a very good uni from what I have heard but their students do produce some pretty good work so it can't be that bad. And I don't know about the rest.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your answers. I want to find a university which has studies of a high quality as far as possible. Also, I am looking for one which provides a lot of practise. Finally, I am going to work a part- time job while studying. That's why I would prefer universities which are located at the big cities in order to find a work easier.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.