Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ive signed up to my local boxing gym, while i also go to my uni gym and have been doing split body workouts since september, so since ill be doing alot of work at boxing sessions should i only go to my uni gym like once/twice a week and change to full body workout..? Because splitbody workout + boxing session seems a bit too tiring no..?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Z_Ahmed)
    Ive signed up to my local boxing gym, while i also go to my uni gym and have been doing split body workouts since september, so since ill be doing alot of work at boxing sessions should i only go to my uni gym like once/twice a week and change to full body workout..? Because splitbody workout + boxing session seems a bit too tiring no..?
    Hey,

Your muscle cells are broken down during weight training and need time to rest, recover and grow.

Bearing this in mind, whatever you chose to do, make sure you get atleast a day of rest in between either of your workouts (weight or boxing). Otherwise, you won't benefit yourself.

This is all assuming your getting atleast 7 hours sleep per night and eating properly for your aims.

Any more questions, feel free to ask

ReputationRep:
    I do weights 4 times a week and boxing twice a week and I've been getting through it fine for the last few months, just don't do them on the same day, I did that once and slept for 15 hours afterwards

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    I do weights 4 times a week and boxing twice a week and I've been getting through it fine for the last few months, just don't do them on the same day, I did that once and slept for 15 hours afterwards
    Oh right kool, wat abour your weight, is your weight maintained due to the cardio from boxing, or your still gaining weight while ensuring fat is regulated..?

ReputationRep:
    Oh right kool, wat abour your weight, is your weight maintained due to the cardio from boxing, or your still gaining weight while ensuring fat is regulated..?
    I've stopped doing cardio apart from a bit of skipping at home since I do it at boxing, and it keeps my fat down, I was until like just recently gaining steadily, I lost a tiny amount of weight over christmas though, probably from not eating enough

the first 30 mins of my boxing training is fitness work though, skipping, running, sprints etc, I dunno what your training consists of so I dunno if I should advise just quitting cardio like I did lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    I've stopped doing cardio apart from a bit of skipping at home since I do it at boxing, and it keeps my fat down, I was until like just recently gaining steadily, I lost a tiny amount of weight over christmas though, probably from not eating enough

the first 30 mins of my boxing training is fitness work though, skipping, running, sprints etc, I dunno what your training consists of so I dunno if I should advise just quitting cardio like I did lol

Hmmm you quit the cardio out of your boxing training?

I'm currently 5,5 67kg, im joining boxing because i want to take the sport competively, since im short lol im gonna have to compete in the lower weight categories, hopefully somewhere 60-62kg (lightweight)...

Aim is to compete around summer time when uni is finished for the year.

I forgot to mention that in my OP, so basically i need a revised training schedule, which will allow me to cut down and maintain around the low 60kg mark.

Arent you wasting time at gym if you lift for mass, then you do all this cardio at boxing, because its counter productive...?
    I'm kinda confuzzled thinking about that lol.....

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm you quit the cardio out of your boxing training?

I'm currently 5,5 67kg, im joining boxing because i want to take the sport competively, since im short lol im gonna have to compete in the lower weight categories, hopefully somewhere 60-62kg (lightweight)...

Aim is to compete around summer time when uni is finished for the year.

I forgot to mention that in my OP, so basically i need a revised training schedule, which will allow me to cut down and maintain around the low 60kg mark.

Arent you wasting time at gym if you lift for mass, then you do all this cardio at boxing, because its counter productive...?
    I'm kinda confuzzled thinking about that lol.....
    Just because you lift doesn't mean you have to cut out all cardio, that would be faintly ridiculous.

atm I do probably... 90 mins cardio a week? Total? Doing 90 mins cardio a week isn't gonna be THAT counter productive to doing weights, I'm not doing cardio with the aim to "lose fat", I'm doing it for general health and fitness

Its fine to do both if you eat enough tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    Just because you lift doesn't mean you have to cut out all cardio, that would be faintly ridiculous.

atm I do probably... 90 mins cardio a week? Total? Doing 90 mins cardio a week isn't gonna be THAT counter productive to doing weights, I'm not doing cardio with the aim to "lose fat", I'm doing it for general health and fitness

Its fine to do both if you eat enough tbh
    Hmm, kool, wat weight class you fight at?

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, kool, wat weight class you fight at?
    I'd be light heavyweight, I've only been boxing for a couple of months though I haven't had any competitive fights yet, I've got a hell of a lot to learn yet, maybe after 6 months and a **** load more sparring I'll be ready to fight lol

ReputationRep:
    It's good to have those defences. never know when you will need them

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.