Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I mostly want to make sure i'm reading this correctly as it almost seems to good to be true.

Undergrads can apply to study at University of London's External/International which for Economics the degree will be credited by London School of Economics. Entry requirements are just two A levels. Costs are only ~£3.5k total and it's open to people from the UK?

Is that that correct? I could get a degree from a top university that if studying internally i wouldn't make the entry requirements all at a small price of for £3.5k!

Many thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jas0nP)

Undergrads can apply to study at University of London's External/International which for Economics the degree will be credited by London School of Economics.
    I just want to clear this up since after searching around the forum it seems this has been debated a lot. From the prospects of UoL:

The final diploma will indicate that you
    were registered with the University
    of London and awarded a University
    of London degree or diploma, and
    give the name of the Lead College
    which conducted the examinations.

LSE is the ‘Lead College’ for the
    programmes in this prospectus.
    Someone else in a past thread said this is the same way that degrees from LSE internal are awarded. University of London degrees with LSE accredited on there. Is that the case?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.