Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My house is on a row with neighbours on the left but nothing other than a little car park on the right. Kids often kick their football against my wall (and other peoples walls) . I can hear the thud ''thud'' in my living room from the sound of the ball hammering the wall. I/we have approached these youngsters more times than need be but they don't seem to get the message. what can be done about it?

ReputationRep:
    Move out of your lower-class area...

ReputationRep:
    Reminds me of myself 5 years ago. Booting the ball against someone's wall, not being tortured by bloody annoying noise that is

ReputationRep:
    Have a secret net laying under a layer of leaves where they play wall-ball, spot them arriving, trigger trap, free kids for sale on black market, problem solved.

ReputationRep:
    Talk to their parents about it.

ReputationRep:
    Cover the wall in spikes.
    ...Or alternatively, to avoid potential prosecution opportunities, talk to their parents.

ReputationRep:
    Play ball against their wall

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [sophie])
    Cover the wall in spikes.
    Lol! seriously I have actually thought of that, though I don't think it would be quite possible.

ReputationRep:
    There's a car park at the back of my house, and we get chavs riding their little motorscooter things in there all the time.

I usually close the window.

Edit: Oh right, they're actually playing up against your wall. My bad. Put some trellis and some climbers going up it over the wall.
    Edit 2: And tell them that they're going to have to pay the damages if anything gets broken.

Failing that, just tell the ***** to **** off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScrewNormality)
    I can't as they have neighbours on both sides of their house, so there is no wall to kick against.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lonely14)
    Talk to their parents about it.
    or, run out with a baseball bat. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Cover your wall with barbed wire.

ReputationRep:
    Had this issue before. Try talking to their them, then their parents as suggested. If that doesnt work, just take their ball. Worst comes to worst threaten to call the police..and then do so if all else fails.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScrewNormality)
    Eww perv much! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Go out there and steal their ball. Or try to engage them in pleasant conversation, it'll confuse the hell out of them and they'll never come back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)
    There's a car park at the back of my house, and we get chavs riding their little motorscooter things in there all the time.

I usually close the window.

Edit: Oh right, they're actually playing up against your wall. My bad. Put some trellis and some climbers going up it over the wall.
    Edit 2: And tell them that they're going to have to pay the damages if anything gets broken.

Failing that, just tell the ***** to **** off.
    I cant as I'd need planning permission for that. I am well liked and respected in my neighbourhood. I would like to sort out this problem without a fallout within the community.

http://www.labelsourceonline.co.uk/P...es/vrs3503.gif

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dothestrand)
    Go out there and steal their ball. Or try to engage them in pleasant conversation, it'll confuse the hell out of them and they'll never come back.
    My Mum has done that! It actually works! well for a week or so. My Mum is very talkative, she goes out and warns them. then starts a pleasant conversation! the kids looked so baffled.!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by youngbuck.craig)
    I cant as I'd need planning permission for that. I am well liked and respected in my neighbourhood. I would like to sort out this problem without a fallout within the community.

http://www.labelsourceonline.co.uk/P...es/vrs3503.gif
    ...you need planning permission for TRELLIS?!? You are ****ting me, right?
    Shove a few thunderbolts through the wall and have some hanging flowers pots on there then. You wouldn't need permission for that (I doubt you'd need permission for a bit of trellis, it wouldn't even touch the floor).

ReputationRep:
    Used to do that all the time ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by youngbuck.craig)
    My house is on a row with neighbours on the left but nothing other than a little car park on the right. Kids often kick their football against my wall (and other peoples walls) . I can hear the thud ''thud'' in my living room from the sound of the ball hammering the wall. I/we have approached these youngsters more times than need be but they don't seem to get the message. what can be done about it?
    get a bunch of your friends and tell them all to put on hoodies and tell them to cover their eyes when wearing the hoodies. then you and your hoodie friends could walk all intimidatingly towards the little buggers while they play football and then use intimidating voices with incomprehensible slang and tell them that if they come back again then (this is the part where you say a threat.)
    they probably won't come back if they think a bunch of intimidating hoodies are gonna threathen them.
    done and done.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.