Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is it OK for me to only have one suit to wear for work 5 days a week? Or do people usually have a few suits?

ReputationRep:
    I'd say get more.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah get more - you can get cheap, decent suits at M&S and F&F at Tesco.

ReputationRep:
    Get atleast 2

ReputationRep:
    Definitely get another one, you can't rely on that one to not get dirty or damaged during the week

ReputationRep:
    OK, in terms of variety would people notice me wearing the same style of suit or do I need different styles?

I've read the main suit colours are black, navy and grey so would it be best to eventually get one of each colour?

ReputationRep:
    Definitely get at least one other suit , especially if the one you have is dry clean only as you could end up having to wallk round smelling/looking scruffy till the weekend.

ReputationRep:
    i have only one suit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodAtum)
    OK, in terms of variety would people notice me wearing the same style of suit or do I need different styles?

I've read the main suit colours are black, navy and grey so would it be best to eventually get one of each colour?
    Depends if those colours suit you, but they're a pretty good basis. If your current suit is black and you want another black one then I would suggest getting a slighly different style or it will look like you're constantly wearing the same one. How many shirts/ties do you have? These will probably create a more notable difference in your look. If this is your full time job then I think you should probably look at increasing your workwear incase what you have is damaged, needs washing mid week etc.

ReputationRep:
    yes this is my 1st full time job. I will have to see about the dress code, hopefully its just shirt and tie, not the full suit. i would have to wait for my 1st pay to come before i can buy extra ties and shirts.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.