Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls, would you EVER date a foreign man? Watch

• View Poll Results: Would you ever date a foreign man?
    Yes, I would
    85.33%
    No way, I wouldn't
    14.67%

ReputationRep:
    Often the press slate foreign men for being here and stealing jobs and not learning English fluently and not dressing properly, but would you EVER date one in the UK (assuming you're British)?

From Slovenes to Spaniards to Sri Lankans to Syrians to Somalians to Singaporeans to Samoans to Swedes, would YOU date one or do you think you would face social ostracism?

ReputationRep:
    What a stupid thread. Of course girls would - the term 'foreign' is ridiculously broad.

And, the media are hardly referring to Americans, Australians or Swedes (and so on) when criticising immigration.

ReputationRep:
    No. I don't date lol.

ReputationRep:
    Does it have to be something that begins with S???

I'd happily date someone foreign so long as his morals were good... as well as everything else needed for a successful relationship.

ReputationRep:
    Of course... what a pointless question.

ReputationRep:
    I totally would.

why would a person's nationality matter anyways?

ReputationRep:
    Er, yes. If I like someone, it's hardly important where he's from.

ReputationRep:
    Actaully I prefer foreign men. Purely because of the accent, it doesn't even necessarily have to be foreign, welsh would do it for me, or a geordie You can't deny a nice accent is a turn on

ReputationRep:
    I don't see why not.

ReputationRep:
    yeah maybe
    dating is a little bit too formal for me :cool:

ReputationRep:
    ****ing foreigners trying to take our jobs, now our women.

Lol oh wait, I'm not white.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm not racist or xenophobic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LauriC)
    Actaully I prefer foreign men. Purely because of the accent, it doesn't even necessarily have to be foreign, welsh would do it for me, or a geordie You can't deny a nice accent is a turn on
    How is 'geordie' a nice accent. It is basically annihilating the English language.

ReputationRep:
    Mmmm foreign *drools*

Naw it wouldn't bother me. Have been 'dating' a Canadian recently, who has a damn sexy accent. Yummy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Margaret Thatcher)
    What a stupid thread. Of course girls would - the term 'foreign' is ridiculously broad.

And, the media are hardly referring to Americans, Australians or Swedes (and so on) when criticising immigration.
    Lol, how would you know what proportion would?

Are the media referring to non-English speaking, non-Commonwealth countries then?

(i.e. everywhere apart from India, Canada, the United States, Bangladesh, Egypt, Australia, Nigeria, Kenya, Cyprus, Zimbabwe, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, New Zealand, South Africa, Ghana, Gibraltar, Guyana, Barbados, Belize, Trinidad, Bahamas, Jamaica etc.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by effofex)
    Often the press slate foreign men for being here and stealing jobs and not learning English fluently and not dressing properly, but would you EVER date one in the UK (assuming you're British)?

From Slovenes to Spaniards to Sri Lankans to Syrians to Somalians to Singaporeans to Samoans to Swedes, would YOU date one or do you think you would face social ostracism?
    Boring. Such a stupid pointless question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by effofex)

Silly thread/I lol'ed at your usage of "foreign".Makes it sound like another "Made in China" product.

if he spoke English and lived near me, i don't see why not

ReputationRep:
      Depends on the person, and what sort of foreign. I don't mind admitting I have a definite preference for white people (although not over-riding) so Europeans, Americans, Australians, etc - yeah, why not? People with vastly different cultures, such as Indians and Japanese, would be a lot more doubtful.

ReputationRep:
      Yeah baby. Let's mix that gene pool up.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 18, 2011
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What time of year is the worst for students?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.