Girls, would you EVER date a foreign man? Watch

Poll: Would you ever date a foreign man?
Yes, I would (157)
85.33%
No way, I wouldn't (27)
14.67%
effofex
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Often the press slate foreign men for being here and stealing jobs and not learning English fluently and not dressing properly, but would you EVER date one in the UK (assuming you're British)?

From Slovenes to Spaniards to Sri Lankans to Syrians to Somalians to Singaporeans to Samoans to Swedes, would YOU date one or do you think you would face social ostracism?
Margaret Thatcher
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
What a stupid thread. Of course girls would - the term 'foreign' is ridiculously broad.

And, the media are hardly referring to Americans, Australians or Swedes (and so on) when criticising immigration.
Khodu
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
No. I don't date lol.
shorty.loves.angels
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Does it have to be something that begins with S???

I'd happily date someone foreign so long as his morals were good... as well as everything else needed for a successful relationship.
ironandwine
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Of course... what a pointless question.
-raisa
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I totally would.

why would a person's nationality matter anyways?
dothestrand
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Er, yes. If I like someone, it's hardly important where he's from.
stac4321
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Actaully I prefer foreign men. Purely because of the accent, it doesn't even necessarily have to be foreign, welsh would do it for me, or a geordie You can't deny a nice accent is a turn on
Horatio-
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I don't see why not.
Peachykeen09
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
yeah maybe
dating is a little bit too formal for me :cool:
Yawn11
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
****ing foreigners trying to take our jobs, now our women.

Lol oh wait, I'm not white.
Jenii
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Yeah I'm not racist or xenophobic
mkb230
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by LauriC)
Actaully I prefer foreign men. Purely because of the accent, it doesn't even necessarily have to be foreign, welsh would do it for me, or a geordie You can't deny a nice accent is a turn on
How is 'geordie' a nice accent. It is basically annihilating the English language.
Vohamanah
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Mmmm foreign *drools*

Naw it wouldn't bother me. Have been 'dating' a Canadian recently, who has a damn sexy accent. Yummy.
effofex
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by Margaret Thatcher)
What a stupid thread. Of course girls would - the term 'foreign' is ridiculously broad.

And, the media are hardly referring to Americans, Australians or Swedes (and so on) when criticising immigration.
Lol, how would you know what proportion would?

Are the media referring to non-English speaking, non-Commonwealth countries then?

(i.e. everywhere apart from India, Canada, the United States, Bangladesh, Egypt, Australia, Nigeria, Kenya, Cyprus, Zimbabwe, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, New Zealand, South Africa, Ghana, Gibraltar, Guyana, Barbados, Belize, Trinidad, Bahamas, Jamaica etc.)
looking
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by effofex)
Often the press slate foreign men for being here and stealing jobs and not learning English fluently and not dressing properly, but would you EVER date one in the UK (assuming you're British)?

From Slovenes to Spaniards to Sri Lankans to Syrians to Somalians to Singaporeans to Samoans to Swedes, would YOU date one or do you think you would face social ostracism?
Boring. Such a stupid pointless question.
ibysaiyan
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by effofex)

Silly thread/I lol'ed at your usage of "foreign".Makes it sound like another "Made in China" product.
RoxySoph
Badges: 1
Report 8 years ago
if he spoke English and lived near me, i don't see why not
TheSownRose
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Depends on the person, and what sort of foreign. I don't mind admitting I have a definite preference for white people (although not over-riding) so Europeans, Americans, Australians, etc - yeah, why not? People with vastly different cultures, such as Indians and Japanese, would be a lot more doubtful.
Vampyrcorn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Yeah baby. Let's mix that gene pool up.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (10)
6.49%
They might tell the bully (16)
10.39%
I don't think they'd understand (28)
18.18%
It might lead to more bullying (57)
37.01%
There's nothing they could do (43)
27.92%

Watched Threads