The Student Room Group

Did you cry when Princess Diana died?

Scroll to see replies

I don't think I did, but my Mum did. I was old enough to remember (she died in 1997) so I was 9 or so.

It was all over the media and the UK was consumed in sadness, it enveloped everyone in some way be it annoyance or genuine sadness.
Reply 81
Yeah, but only because I'd just broken my arm in 4 places.
I think I was too young to comprehend death; I just kept suggesting that it was all okay because Diana was a pretty common name and now a different Diana could become princess.
I was a bit of an odd child.
Reply 83
No. I didn't quite know what was going on at first when the Twin Towers collapsed either.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 84
No. I was four and had no idea who she was, or why she was so important.
Reply 85
Original post by gee_shakedown
I think I was too young to comprehend death; I just kept suggesting that it was all okay because Diana was a pretty common name and now a different Diana could become princess.
I was a bit of an odd child.

I'll say!!!
Reply 86
I drove past the place where it happened the week after... weird!
Reply 87
I was six, and whilst I don't remember her dying, I do remember her funeral. Parents stopped me playing on a little cycling thing because apparently it made too much noise. :grumble:

Anyway, most people around me cried; I did not. To be frank, if her death was an accident then it is sad that she died, but the way she was carrying on is just not the done thing, and her death is a God-send to Her Majesty who had to put up with all her antics over the years. She was no true royal; that title belongs to Her Majesty, and Her Majesty the Queen Mother. (Had the very great fortune of meeting her at Royal Ascot in 2000 :biggrin: )

Divorces might be two a penny these days, but it should never happen in the Royal family. The only person I can compare her disgraceful behaviour with is Edward VIII. Outrageous.
No, didn't care. I was 7 so I knew who she was and all that. But I still didn't know her so why the hell would I be upset?
My mum cried, which honestly I thought was pretty bloody stupid.
... my mum cried, and I laughed...because my mum cried.
Reply 90
No. I was pissed off that no one was talking about anything else.
And I'm still pissed off that everyone dry-humps her memory like they knew her personally.

Original post by AnHuman
It was my bloody birthday! MY birthday, and the selfish bitch ruined it!

What a cow.
(edited 13 years ago)
No. I do remember hearing though - I was 11, and I started secondary school a week later.

I met her when I was 5.. she came to Llandaff Cathedral which was down the road from my school, and all the kids lined the road and some of us gave her daffodils. I remember my mum going ape**** at a press photographer who was apparently practically standing on us to get better pictures of her (Diana, I mean). Heh.
Reply 92
why would i cry? i didnt know her personally.
I'm from quite a nationalist family, so no one in my family seemed to care.

I just wanted to watch some cartoons!
Reply 94
Original post by Yawn11
I remember I was little, like 6 or 7.

And I was pissed off that every channel had her funeral on, and there was nothing to watch.

Same here.
Reply 95
Nope because I didn't reallly know who she was. If it happened now I would have cried.
Reply 96
I cried but only because my parents insisted we should watch the news instead of Cartoon Network.
I remember some people in Nepal cried.
Original post by donuticus
It was all over the radio when she died.

And the windscreen.

And the steering wheel.

And the gear stick.

Ad Infinitum.

:teehee:

I'm going to burn aren't I :frown:
Nope. I remember it but I was only five so I didn't really care.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending