Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why is he ignoring me all of a sudden? Watch

Okay, so I'm really confused. About a month ago a guy told me he really, really liked me. We were making out when we went out, and speaking everyday. It got to that odd stage where having a relationship was in question but neither of us wanted one I don't think. Anyway, we were still talking everyday regardless and then all of a sudden, nothing.

One day we are texting non-stop and then he doesn't reply. He kept on going offline when I went on facebook to begin with, and now he stays online but doesn't speak to me at all. Considering we were talking everyday this is really weird. It came with no warning at all, the last time we spoke he asked for my skype, which I don't have. I can't figure out why he has been so sudden about it. I don't want to pester him asking why, if he doesn't want to speak to me I won't force him, but can anyone here suggest why he might be acting like this please? It's so random...

I think he's worried I'm going to pressurise him into a relationship or something? Or maybe he's got bored? Help meee!

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like he's playing hard to get.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmmm i think he still likes you alot but wants a bit of a relax, unfourtenately ive done similar things, its weird cos i you put sooo much effort in getting a girl you want so bad without showing your desp then all of a sudden you just can't be bothered to talk its almost as if youve over done it. I guess my only advice would be to give it a few days before you next text/ call him. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Wait it out

ReputationRep:
    Maybe he met (or MET) someone else? Maybe he's been having bad days?

ReputationRep:
    If he's anything like me then he is playing you (sad yes i know). Good thing is the reason we do this kind of thing is because we are too ****ed up in the head to get into a relationship with someone we like. So no need to worry it really is him and not you

ReputationRep:
    he could just be worried about what it will turn into, as he might not want to ruin the great friendship you have built over time? and he has built it up in his head, time heals everything,
    just wait for his emotions to become clear

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Okay, so I'm really confused. About a month ago a guy told me he really, really liked me. We were making out when we went out, and speaking everyday. It got to that odd stage where having a relationship was in question but neither of us wanted one I don't think. Anyway, we were still talking everyday regardless and then all of a sudden, nothing.

One day we are texting non-stop and then he doesn't reply. He kept on going offline when I went on facebook to begin with, and now he stays online but doesn't speak to me at all. Considering we were talking everyday this is really weird. It came with no warning at all, the last time we spoke he asked for my skype, which I don't have. I can't figure out why he has been so sudden about it. I don't want to pester him asking why, if he doesn't want to speak to me I won't force him, but can anyone here suggest why he might be acting like this please? It's so random...

I think he's worried I'm going to pressurise him into a relationship or something? Or maybe he's got bored? Help meee!
    hate to break this to you but it seems he doesn't want anything to do with you. the fact he's not replying or telling you the reason why could be because you guys weren't in a relationship so he doesn't feel he need to explain himself. most people do this when they are wimps (i've done that before) :ashamed2:

(Original post by John Deere)
    Hmmmm i think he still likes you alot but wants a bit of a relax, unfourtenately ive done similar things, its weird cos i you put sooo much effort in getting a girl you want so bad without showing your desp then all of a sudden you just can't be bothered to talk its almost as if youve over done it. I guess my only advice would be to give it a few days before you next text/ call him. Good luck
    Ooh, I hadn't thought of that, thank-you

I guess we have been a bit full-on - texting each other everyday and then seeing each other is the evenings...from your experience do you end up liking the girl again or moving on because you've got bored? You can be honest

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, I hadn't thought of that, thank-you

I guess we have been a bit full-on - texting each other everyday and then seeing each other is the evenings...from your experience do you end up liking the girl again or moving on because you've got bored? You can be honest
    Can swing both ways, in the past i have moved on most times :/ but once or twice i did end up liking her more so i guess just gotta give it time

(Original post by Attlee_party)
    If he's anything like me then he is playing you (sad yes i know). Good thing is the reason we do this kind of thing is because we are too ****ed up in the head to get into a relationship with someone we like. So no need to worry it really is him and not you
    Dammit that's what I was worried about! Even though he get's really really upset when I accuse him of it, he is a bit of a ladies man. I did wonder whether it was a 'chase' thing. Do you think he is a lost cause then?

ReputationRep:
    Dammit that's what I was worried about! Even though he get's really really upset when I accuse him of it, he is a bit of a ladies man. I did wonder whether it was a 'chase' thing. Do you think he is a lost cause then?
    Well I couldn't really tell you that, after all you still don't really know what's going on. Best thing to do is just tread carefully and try not to get yourself hurt. Another thing that will work is playing hard to get. Ignore him for a bit and see what happens. He will either persist with you (he likes you) or he wont bother (he was playing you).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Attlee_party)
    Well I couldn't really tell you that, after all you still don't really know what's going on. Best thing to do is just tread carefully and try not to get yourself hurt. Another thing that will work is playing hard to get. Ignore him for a bit and see what happens. He will either persist with you (he likes you) or he wont bother (he was playing you).
    I used to do that a lot haha. If I was upset with him I would miss facebook for a day and then he would text me straightaway the next morning asking what was up. Ignoring him doesn't seem to be working now, he's holding all the cards. :/ Thanks anyway, I'll try it anyway maybe

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.