Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What inspires TSR?

Having just had a row with the family over some very sore matter, I turn to myself for some a cathartic activity to both soothe me and inspire me to be positive.

So far, I have: reading literature, reading poetry, listening to my idols sing and looking at pretty pictures. This inspires me and makes me see beauty again.

What does TSR find beautiful?

(Original post by Sapientia)
    What inspires TSR?

Having just had a row with the family over some very sore matter, I turn to myself for some a cathartic activity to both soothe me and inspire me to be positive.

So far, I have: reading literature, reading poetry, listening to my idols sing and looking at pretty pictures. This inspires me and makes me see beauty again.

Spend some time travelling?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    some time travelling?
    time travelling?
    I love time travelling :tardis:

ReputationRep:
    Music, quotes and inspirational videos.

Can't actually stress how important Music is to me lol

ReputationRep:
    "'What are you going to do with your life?' In one way or another it seemed that people had been asking her this forever; teachers, her parents, friends at three in the morning, but the question had never seemed this pressing and still she was no nearer an answer... "Live each day as if it's your last', that was the conventional advice, but really, who had the energy for that? What if it rained or you felt a bit glandy? It just wasn't practical. Better by far to be good and courageous and bold and to make difference. Not change the world exactly, but the bit around you. Cherish your friends, stay true to your principles, live passionately and fully and well. Experience new things. Love and be loved, if you ever get the chance."

One Day by David Nicholls

EDIT: WHY THE HELL WAS I NEGGED FOR THIS? I THINK IT HAD A VERY INSPIRING MESSAGE...

ReputationRep:
    Sure, if you can fund me a month in Tokyo.

Sure, if you can fund me a month in Tokyo.
    You don't have to go for a month at Tokyo. There is an amazing world out there for a fraction of the price. (Alternatively, try to make money and use that as inspiration/motivation for a holiday).

ReputationRep:
    What inspires TSR?

Reading every article on this site http://www.geoffthompson.com has been the biggest influence in my life and inspired me to do a lot of things which in turn has inspired other people.

ReputationRep:
    Phoning strangers and telling them to f*ck off.

ReputationRep:
    Become a Stoic.

ReputationRep:
    You don't have to go for a month at Tokyo. There is an amazing world out there for a fraction of the price. (Alternatively, try to make money and use that as inspiration/motivation for a holiday).
    Nooooo, I do. I understand there are other places. But Tokyo has lots of things for me, and some culture that is personal and friends! So yeah, plane tickets pl0x.

That or tickets to Germany.

ReputationRep:
    What inspires TSR?

Music is probably the most powerful thing to me. It covers all emotions.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 29, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.