The Student Room Group

do you reckon he fancies me? please help!

Hi everyone, just looking for advice please!

So me (girl) have always fancied this guy. We're not that close but we text each other. We both lives ages away from each other. Anyhow he texted me to ask him to his birthday but i don't know whether its a big general text to all his phonebook! or whether he just wants to make numbers!

You see when i text him sometimes he ignores my message or other times when he texts me one sentence texts, once i did ask if he wanted to meet up he suggested first i just asked a definite time and stuff to organise he couldn't get off work!

So do you think he fancies me or is it just a friend? If i can't make it to this party do you think i should ask him out for lunch or something?

Thanks
I would go to the party and find out :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by xnatalie01x

Original post by xnatalie01x
I would go to the party and find out :smile:

ah yea would love to but if i literally can't go do you think i should ask him out via text?
Reply 3
If you can't go, text him 'miss me?' afterwards. If he replies clueless, then you'll know that it wasn't a personal invitation. If he makes a joke about it, then it will somewhat suggest that he did notice that you weren't there.

Once you overcome the obstacle of determining whether he's interested in you or not, then you can decide whether to ask him out or not.
Maybe it would be better to ask him out by calling him instead of just texting, because then u have to wait for him to answer and u dont know when he will..better to call.

If u really like him then go for it, thinking twice wont get u anywhere! If it doesnt work out maybe u still could be friends :smile:
Reply 5
Probably not tbh but then again you've hardly told us much so it's hard to know. If you, experiencing all this first hand, with potentially weeks of questioning don't know - how are we meant to with a few lines of text?
Original post by Anonymous
ah yea would love to but if i literally can't go do you think i should ask him out via text?

Not sure I'd do it by text, he sounds a bit standoffish.

I think you need to speak to him face to face tbh.
whenever a girl i fancy texts me, i generally reply fairly quickly.
best just to ask him out sometime and if he cant make it or doesnt offer any alternative dates i think its safe to say he not intrested
I fancy you :pierre:
Reply 9
If you can't go, try and arrange another date. You don't know until you try :smile: But if he says no he's probably not into you, sorry.
I'm going to say no..
Reply 11
Original post by Peachykeen09
I'm going to say no..

Thanks everyone for your advice there, so

the plan is i actually can't go to the party and just going to say that i can't go and see what he says...

i'm beginning to think he doesn't fancy me..:frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending