Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I started a new pack of cerazette the other day, but like an idiot started in the wrong place and have only just noticed today.
    I took one pill from the bottom row and 2 from the top; sunday, monday, tuesday. I took todays pill where I should have been which maybe wasn't the best idea, but I'm not sure. I had sex on the monday and am now wondering if it will make a huge difference since I still took a pill? So I technically didn't miss one? Not sure if this would be right mind.

Also, what should I do about the odd days? Should we use condoms for a week to let things catch up and then for another week when I have to swap to the next pack?

Thanks, I'm just a little bit paranoid and am looking for (hopefully) a bit of reassurance, as theres no mention of this is the leaflet.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not familiar with this pill, but the pills I take are all the same (aside from the "period pills"). So if this is true for these pills as well, it shouldn't matter

ReputationRep:
    it doesnt matter where you take it form as long as you take it.
    what do you mean odd days? and swap pack? as long as you're staying on cerazette you take it continually and as long as you dont miss any pills you're protected and in theory dont need to use condoms.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by (Online))
    I started a new pack of cerazette the other day, but like an idiot started in the wrong place and have only just noticed today.
    I took one pill from the bottom row and 2 from the top; sunday, monday, tuesday. I took todays pill where I should have been which maybe wasn't the best idea, but I'm not sure. I had sex on the monday and am now wondering if it will make a huge difference since I still took a pill? So I technically didn't miss one? Not sure if this would be right mind.

Also, what should I do about the odd days? Should we use condoms for a week to let things catch up and then for another week when I have to swap to the next pack?

Thanks, I'm just a little bit paranoid and am looking for (hopefully) a bit of reassurance, as theres no mention of this is the leaflet.
    I don't really understand what you're asking because there are no odd days with cerazette. I used to take this and you have to take one every single day, there are no gaps. As soon as you stop taking them, you are no longer protected.

Also, by started a new pack do you mean for the first time ever or carrying on from another packet? If it is for the first time ever then it should have been on the first day of your period which will make you immediately protected but if you did not, then you have to use additional contraception for the first 7 days.

ReputationRep:
    By odd days i mean where i've stopped from where I was (when I started in the wrong place) and moved to where I should be, if you see what I mean. I know I take one everyday, I've been on it for 4 months. And I mean starting a new blister pack, so my 5th or something. Sorry, I know its not clear.

An easier way; is there the same amount of hormone in each pill? So it shouldn't matter really that I started wrong, I'm still taking them everyday like normal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by (Online))
    By odd days i mean where i've stopped from where I was (when I started in the wrong place) and moved to where I should be, if you see what I mean. I know I take one everyday, I've been on it for 4 months. And I mean starting a new blister pack, so my 5th or something. Sorry, I know its not clear.

An easier way; is there the same amount of hormone in each pill? So it shouldn't matter really that I started wrong, I'm still taking them everyday like normal.
    Ohh I understand you now, sorry!

No no all the pills are exactly the same. The days are there for your convenience and so that you remember, so if you take it in the right order, you'll know for sure the last time you took one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mozfadz)
    Ohh I understand you now, sorry!

No no all the pills are exactly the same. The days are there for your convenience and so that you remember, so if you take it in the right order, you'll know for sure the last time you took one.
    Thank you! Made me feel so much better!

I started taking Cerazette in Septeber 2011, I told the nurse I play a lot of sport and I used to get heavy, painful bleeding during my time of the month which got in the way of my sport. She gave me cerazette, and while it's been helpful in making the periods less painful I still bleed quite a bit (not spotting) and while I usually used to go on my period for 5 days, with this it's like a week of actual bleeding and then another week of brown discharge. It's annoying me, especially considering it's been nearly 3 years since I started.

Could the fact that I don't have a set time but take them anytime between 12-2am have anything to do with this?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 23, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.