Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi guys,

Me and my boyfriend are planning on spending some intimate time together, and have decided we want to book a hotel or bed&breakfast near my uni for a few hours. We'v never had experience booking/staying at a hotel before. So i have no idea how to go about it. So, my questions are:
    1) Are we allowed to book the room for the night but leave early?
    2) Will they get suspicious coz we only spent a few hours and think we'r runnin prostitution or something :\ (its something im very scared about)
    3) Do we have to pre-book or can we book on the spot if there are vacancies?
    4) Do we need to give them our addresses or any other personal info?
    5) (this myt seem like a really dumb question) but...do we have to be a certain distance from our home address to book into a hotel or anything?
    6) Will they find it weird that we don't have any luggage with us?

Thankk youu x

ReputationRep:
    O__________O

Here's what you do:

Phone a hotel
    Ask for vacancies
    Book a room

That's really all there is to it. And why would you bother booking it for a few hours? :lolwut:
    Just go out dogging or something if you're only going to be there a few hours.

ReputationRep:
    They will probably be well aware of what you're up to. Especially if your room's above the kitchen (I speak from experience there). That you might be running a prostitution ring will probably never cross their mind.

No idea if you're allowed to check out the day you check in...why not stay the night and enjoy the comfy bed together? Solves the luggage problem too.

Edit:
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)
    Just go out dogging or something if you're only going to be there a few hours.
    This.

ReputationRep:
    call and book a room
    no I dont think they would find it weird...maybe if it is a hostel but not a fancy hotel..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potiron)
    They will probably be well aware of what you're up to. Especially if your room's above the kitchen (I speak from experience there). That you might be running a prostitution ring will probably never cross their mind.

No idea if you're allowed to check out the day you check in...why not stay the night and enjoy the comfy bed together? Solves the luggage problem too.

Edit:

This.
    I do come up with some damn good advice sometimes :ahee:

Few hours as in say 10 in the morning to 5pm, and we can't stay the night since i have to be back home...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Few hours as in say 10 in the morning to 5pm, and we can't stay the night since i have to be back home...
    You'll have to check with the hotel when you book what time you're allowed to check in by. In my experience it's usually later than that.

I would imagine that you can check out whenever, if you're embarrassed just say there's been a horrific family emergency and you have to rush back to wherever you came from. Pretend to be tourists or something.

ReputationRep:
    Err, ring them up and ask to make a reservation, duh?

ReputationRep:
    daaaaiiiiiiizzzzzz, is this for real

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    2) Will they get suspicious coz we only spent a few hours and think we'r runnin prostitution or something :\ (its something im very scared about)
    Man your paranoid. I doubt the hotel owners/staff really care how many hours you spend in the hotel as long as you pay for staying.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 29, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.