Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

GetLiftiN' How good can i look for july '11 Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, im new here, post a little bit about myself shall i?

Im 17, 5'9 and about 87kg, aim to burn fat and gain some muscle/tone, so that im looking good for holiday next july , Obviously 87kg is quite heavy for height, not even sure why im so heavy? anyway, Im not sure about deadlifts and squats, but my one max rep on bench press is 83kg, not bad.

ANYWAY, going to be doing this routine then change after 6 weeks

routine will be

Monday - Chest and Triceps
    Chest

Exercise Sets Reps

Chest
    Dumbbell Bench Press 4 8, 8, 6, 6
    Incline Bench Press 4 8, 8, 6, 6
    Cable Crossovers 4 8

Triceps Exercise Sets Reps
    Close Grip Bench Press 3 8
    Lying Tricep Extension 3 8
    Rope Pulldowns 3 8
    Workout Notes

Each week switch dumbbell bench press with barbell bench and incline bench with incline dumbbell press.

Tuesday - Abs & Cardio
    Workout Schedule

20mins core strength exercises (see ab exercises section for core strength exercises), followed by 1 hour of low intensity cardio or 45mins of HIIT
    Wednesday - Back and Biceps
    Back

Exercise Sets Reps

BackWide Grip Pull Up 4 8 (slow)
    Close Grip Pull Down 4 8, 8, 6, 6
    Cable Row 4 8

Biceps Exercise Sets Reps
    Barbell Curl 3 8, 8, 6
    Incline Bench Dumbbell Curl 3 8
    Dumbbell Preacher Curl 3 8
    Workout Notes:

Thursday - Abs & Cardio
    Workout Schedule

Friday - Legs and Shoulders

Legs
    Exercise Sets Reps
    Squat 4 8
    Stiff Legged Deadlift 3 8
    Leg Curl 3 8, 8, 6
    Leg Extension 3 8, 8, 6
    Standing Calf Raise 4 15, 12, 10, 8

Shoulders

Exercise Sets Reps
    Military Press 4 8, 8, 6, 6
    Dumbbell Lateral Raise 3 8
    Bent Over Rev Fly 3 8

Saturday - Abs & Cardio
    Workout Schedule

Sunday - DAY OFF !

Wish me luck guys, going to be tough one but i can crack it. i will NEVER give up my goal. Hope to be benching 100kg in 13 weeks? do-able?

ReputationRep:
    Need more rest days.

ReputationRep:
    haha knew someone was going to say that, thats why im only running this for 4-6 weeks no longer, then probs switch to a 3 day split, not sure atm.

ReputationRep:
    You NEED to deadlift, stick it on your back day.

I suppose your goals are aesthetics so I won't rip your routine for not being strength based.

Also if your cardio is truly 'high intensity interval training', then there is no way you can do 45 mins of it. More like 15-20mins at best. You are meant to be going full out when doing HIIT.

ReputationRep:
    If I were you I'd do a strength based program until you can bench 3x100kg. Make sure you're eating loads of protein and carbs, with that amount of volume you'll struggle and burn out very fast if you don't .

ReputationRep:
    ill run this for 6 weeks and see the gains, im trying to cut out carbs as im trying to burn some fat, and as far as the hiit goes, ill keep that down to 20 mins. and do core before or after that, anyway, although tis thursday i done back and bi's today as gym was closed y-day?

Back

Close pull downs, 8,8,6,6 55.5kg x 3, last set upped it to 60kg
    Cable row 50kg x 8 reps, pretty comfortable.
    Wide grip pullups Failed with 50kg support :O Done heavy lat pull downs instead 63kg x 8

Bi's
    Barbell curl 8,8,6 30kg Excluding barbell last two sets downed it to 23kg not including barbell, first two sets were pretty hard going
    incline bench curl 12.5 x 8
    dumbell preacher curl 12.5 x 8 fail (so tired) so i done 10kg x 8

Tomorrow will be cardio and core.

ReputationRep:
    Pullups before pulldowns and pulldowns before rows.

ReputationRep:
    cheers mate, anyone else, what do you think of my routine and my lifts, i weighed myself today 89kg!, why the F**K am i so heavy, i had some fat on the sides of stomach but it dont bulge out like some

ReputationRep:
    due to new years, gym being closed ect, havnt been able to train, business as usual from tomorrow.!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 2, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.