Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ok, so this sounds like a strange/stupid question, I know, but this is bugging me!

I owned a pair of jeggings before but I ended up getting rid of them because they were way too big and wouldn't stay up. So yesterday I went sales shopping and bought another pair, but in a size smaller; these are better and actually stay up! However, they're not really tight...they're not loose exactly, but they're a little baggy in places (specifically around the knees and the lower calf). My flatmate, and everyone else I've seen wearing them, seem to have ones that fit pretty much like leggings :confused:

So my questions is, are my jeggings:
    a) too big
    b) badly made (they're from Dorothy Perkins)
    c) just right
    or
    d) my legs are just weirdly shaped

To clarify: I'm talking about the denim jeggings, which are like elasticated jeans, rather than the leggings that are printed to have a denim effect.

ReputationRep:
    TIGHT :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    mine basically fit like skinny jeans so not as tight as leggings at the bottom
    well they basically look like skinny jeans if the tops covered lol

ReputationRep:
    Yeah they should be skin tight just like leggings...maybe go for a smaller size or different brand

ReputationRep:
    If u want really tight jeggings i think dorothy Perkins is the wrong place, try H&M, i have a quite tight fitting pair from there.

ReputationRep:
    dunno...maybe they're too big or badly made. Mine fit very tightly on so that I almost can bend my knees without not getting blood through.. So maybe they are ok, what matters is that u look good and feel comfortable in them, if not get a different pair.

Just make sure not to create a camel toe...though sometimes it is inevitable..

ReputationRep:
    Mine are from gap (expensive, but good and sometimes they have deals with grazia and other magazines), and they fit like very tight skinny jeans. So they aren't tight on my ankle or the bottom half of my calves, but they are everywhere else. I think it looks better like that, rather than having them tight like leggings all over because they just look like well fitting skinny jeans (and are soooooooooo comfy )
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    I just came here to tell you to make sure you cover your bum but seeing as they're made of denim, I think you'll be okay.:danceboy:

ReputationRep:
    They should be really tight

ReputationRep:
    They shouldn't be baggy, they need to fit like leggings pretty much.

ReputationRep:
    after washing them they will become ever more baggy i think, that's what happened to my Internazionale jeggings
    have you tried a size smaller jeggings ? i mean, smaller than these new ones ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StrawberryKoi)
    I just came here to tell you to make sure you cover your bum but seeing as they're made of denim, I think you'll be okay.:danceboy:
    Haha, it's ok :p: I always keep my bum covered anyway!

Thanks for the opinions, people. I think I might go and try some on the next time I go shopping...experiment with different sizes/brands. I'm convinced I have misshapen legs though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Weronka)
    after washing them they will become ever more baggy i think, that's what happened to my Internazionale jeggings
    have you tried a size smaller jeggings ? i mean, smaller than these new ones ?
    Argh, I hope not! They'll just look like ill-fitting jeans if that happens :nooo:

I will go and try some smaller ones on, I think. I didn't bother to try on smaller ones because I assumed these ones would be ok.

ReputationRep:
    They should be tight- tight enough that you wouldn't need a belt for them to stay on and you wouldn't have to keep pulling them up.

Because they're made out of denim, they won't exactly fit like leggings, so it's perfectly natural to have it not so tight on the knees.

It makes sense when you think about it- otherwise it'd be painful to bend down.

They shouldn't be loose on the lower calfs though.

You might want to try getting a size smaller and experiment with different leg lengths in order to get the knee and lower calf bags as small as possible.

Personally, I much prefer skinny jeans. I find jeggings to be a less quality alternative. :top:

ReputationRep:
    Pics or it didn't happen.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.