Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

i've said too much ... :( Watch

Announcements

this thing keeps bothering me. a couple of weeks ago i was at a party. we drank plenty of alcohol, some of us did drink more, some of us drank nothing at all. we played truth or dare - and i, not being sober, enjoyed answering questions. all sorts of questions. considering the fact that all of the people were my friends it might not be so terrible, but the thing is that all questions were about sex, and me, as a completely unexperienced person in that department, started talking b****. what i said makes me now a total sl**. i not only lied, but also talked about a story that has never happened and in result makes me look very promiscous. one of the people who listened to that was a guy that i fancy a bit - and now he probably changed his opinion about me.
    i'm feeling really bad with the whole situation. i haven't really had a chance to check how much people remembered after that evening since everyone split for the christmas.
    i don't know what to do. thanks.

ReputationRep:
    in a strange way i can understand why you made something up, however a 'i dont want to talk about it' goes far enough. if you play truth or dare, its not to hard to guess what the genre of it all is going to be :rolleyes:

the boy you like will probably think you are crazy for making a story up, but anyway chat to him and see if he mentions it.. and be honest!

i don't know, i just heard everyone else talking proudly about their sex life and what i said was pretty much first thing that came up to my mind. especially, because i wasn't even thinking about consequences, about feeling guilty after that. i just said it, gave my friend a high five and kept on drinking. it wasn't a big deal for me at that moment. it's not even like i'm not proud of what i've done in the past. i have not done that at all ! i'm thinking about just telling everyone that what i said wasn't true, but obviously, it will make me look equally worse for making stuff up i suppose.

ReputationRep:
    Are you losing your religion? :p:

I don't know what to suggest, OP. You can either, tell them you lied or sit there and let them think you're a 'slut'... maybe what you said wasn't even that bad? :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    i don't know, i just heard everyone else talking proudly about their sex life and what i said was pretty much first thing that came up to my mind. especially, because i wasn't even thinking about consequences, about feeling guilty after that. i just said it, gave my friend a high five and kept on drinking. it wasn't a big deal for me at that moment. it's not even like i'm not proud of what i've done in the past. i have not done that at all ! i'm thinking about just telling everyone that what i said wasn't true, but obviously, it will make me look equally worse for making stuff up i suppose.
    legend

on a serious note, if it doesnt come up again then dont mention it. did you hear what the guy had/had not done out of interest?

edit: the other bold bit is a bit random, are you trying to convince yourself?

no no, i just meant that IF it actually happened it would be done and it would actually be a part of my past which i would be ashamed of. but it has not even happened, so it's even worse, because they think that i've done something i have not.

ReputationRep:
    repress the memory..u take a big breath and u push those feelings down!
    Nah but dont worry, if they really are ur friends u should know that they know that that wasnt u and what u said was bull and just joke about it if it ever comes up being all "I was so *** drunk I remember saying bull and acting like a stuckup..."
    I dunno, something like that if it was a load of crap, it will get better with time

(Original post by alissasantiago)
    maybe what you said wasn't even that bad? :dontknow:
    sleeping with a guy that i barely knew. i don't even know how i could've come up with that idea.

ReputationRep:
    If it comes up again you could say, 'Hmm, I think I over exaggerated a bit for the lulz'... and leave it up to them to decide how much of an exaggeration it was. I don't believe half the things that come out in these situations, especially when people are drunk! Maybe they didn't take you too seriously anyway??

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear.

Best thing to do would probably be to admit this to your friends; tell them you'd had too much to drink and you felt awkward because you didn't have any wild sex stories to tell so you made something up in the heat of the moment and feel stupid about it now.

I think your friends would respect you a lot more if you did just come clean and admit you acted like a bit of a ****, I know I would if you were one of my friends.

Another point to consider is that, if these are good friends, they probably have an idea of what you're like, and will have an idea of whether you are promiscuous or not. There is nothing more irritating than someone who's not slutty trying to make out they've done stuff for approval, its quite insulting to have one of your friends think you wont accept them for who they are.

All in all, i think holding your hands up and coming clean will be best in the long run.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.