The Student Room Group

The "What Film Is This?" Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Original post by T-Hill
Is it bad that I guessed the film just by reading the thread title?!

No, why would it be? My first guess was Pulp Fiction at seeing the title.
I need help identifying a Seagal film, the only part I remember is Seagal getting a tattoo, the area being dark (with shots towards the street) and hot women... possibly in Amsterdam at that point.

If anyone can identify it from this, you are a god :colone:
Original post by tehFrance
I need help identifying a Seagal film, the only part I remember is Seagal getting a tattoo, the area being dark (with shots towards the street) and hot women... possibly in Amsterdam at that point.

If anyone can identify it from this, you are a god :colone:

Driven to kill? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1227177/
Haven't seen it though, so I might be wrong.
Original post by Mr. Overstood
Driven to kill? Haven't seen it though, so I might be wrong.

Sound familiar (although a bit to recent in my mind) but I'll check it out thank you :smile:
A few years ago I was watching a movie late at night which featured a teenage boy and a woman (possibly a teacher, or possibly just another girl) in an old house in an American smalltown. There was a vampire in the house and the protagonists had to defeat him (obviously :tongue:).

It's probably really obvious, but I've never found it. If anyone can help, I'd be really grateful :smile:
hi all,

The movie is about people living in a house like the loft and the winner would win 1 million dollars if I'm right. They start killing eachother and the last standing is a girl but when she thinks she has won she finds herself in a room with other " winning people" from the same contest.

It's not " my little eye".

Thanks !!
Thanks for making this thread because I need HELP!!!

When I was small I used to repeat watching a film, all I remember was that there was a little girl/boy, then he/she was escaping from someone I think...it was raining...and they used a piece of wood to connect from their window to the window in the opposite building....and then that kid nearly fell off. I think this is pretty much near the ending of the film.

Another scene from the same film is that someone is so hungry and then his/her friend asked her to imagine there is a lot of food on that empty table. And the neighbour (the one who lives in the opposite building) saw them pretend eating on the empty table.

As far as I remember, the neighbour should be an Indian of some kind, and also he's got a monkey on his shoulder!!

PLEASE HELP :smile: THANKS!!
Reply 287
Original post by blacktreacle
Thanks for making this thread because I need HELP!!!

When I was small I used to repeat watching a film, all I remember was that there was a little girl/boy, then he/she was escaping from someone I think...it was raining...and they used a piece of wood to connect from their window to the window in the opposite building....and then that kid nearly fell off. I think this is pretty much near the ending of the film.

Another scene from the same film is that someone is so hungry and then his/her friend asked her to imagine there is a lot of food on that empty table. And the neighbour (the one who lives in the opposite building) saw them pretend eating on the empty table.

As far as I remember, the neighbour should be an Indian of some kind, and also he's got a monkey on his shoulder!!

PLEASE HELP :smile: THANKS!!

Sounds like A Little Princess. :yep: There are a couple of versions of it, though; I'm going to guess this was the 1995 one.
Original post by Abiraleft
Sounds like A Little Princess. :yep: There are a couple of versions of it, though; I'm going to guess this was the 1995 one.

Oh my god yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks!!!!:biggrin:
Original post by pinouche13
hi all,

The movie is about people living in a house like the loft and the winner would win 1 million dollars if I'm right. They start killing eachother and the last standing is a girl but when she thinks she has won she finds herself in a room with other " winning people" from the same contest.

It's not " my little eye".

Thanks !!

House of 9?
I'm trying to remember a film - I believe the plot was about a guy and when women had sex with him they became lucky, so loads of women kept trying to have sex with him. One woman had a really deep voice which the guy didn't know about until he got into bed with her, another woman was a police officer, and this was out over 5 years ago.
Reply 291
Can you identify this film I watched years ago.......?

It was about this mermaid who got taken out of the sea and she looked and acted like a normal person. She met this bloke and one day while they were in town (I have no idea how she was walking), her fin accidently rolled out onto the floor beneath her coat and everyone around was obviously shocked. Next thing I remember she got captured and was put in a water tank in a science lab or something and I'm not sure about this but I think the man turned out to be a mermaid too. She was treated like an experiment and I think she fell in love with the man/ the man was looking after her. I think it was all American actors.

Lol I know it sounds lame :redface:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 292
Original post by Pandora.
A few years ago I was watching a movie late at night which featured a teenage boy and a woman (possibly a teacher, or possibly just another girl) in an old house in an American smalltown. There was a vampire in the house and the protagonists had to defeat him (obviously :tongue:).

It's probably really obvious, but I've never found it. If anyone can help, I'd be really grateful :smile:

Sounds like the original fright night perhaps?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089175/

Original post by A level Az
I'm trying to remember a film - I believe the plot was about a guy and when women had sex with him they became lucky, so loads of women kept trying to have sex with him. One woman had a really deep voice which the guy didn't know about until he got into bed with her, another woman was a police officer, and this was out over 5 years ago.

I'm going for Good Luck Chuck on this one
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0452625/
Original post by samad
Sounds like the original fright night perhaps?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089175/

Yes! That's it! Thank you so much! :biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 294
I'm looking for the title of an 80s 'ish british tv movie about the IRA
The main guy had curly hair, maybe lanky and was basically a nice guy but was shot to death at the end by police.
Doubt anyone can help much with this as my memory is very vague but I'll give it a shot!
Basically at school we watched a film, or part of a film, which had a scene where a man and a woman are on a bed and they plug themselves in to some kind of computer (VR?) with a gross umbilical cord type thing into a hole in their backs. Everyone tells me this is The Matrix but I'm so sure it isn't and if anyone can help me I'd be dead grateful!
Reply 296
Original post by Sugar_Puff_Fairy
Doubt anyone can help much with this as my memory is very vague but I'll give it a shot!
Basically at school we watched a film, or part of a film, which had a scene where a man and a woman are on a bed and they plug themselves in to some kind of computer (VR?) with a gross umbilical cord type thing into a hole in their backs. Everyone tells me this is The Matrix but I'm so sure it isn't and if anyone can help me I'd be dead grateful!

sounds like eXixtenz :smile:
Original post by aviete
sounds like eXixtenz :smile:

Amazing, thank you! I've been looking for it for ages :smile:
Reply 298
It's a horror film; there's people trapped in these like cages, there's water in them and a grate over their heads. The main character is a girl but she meets a guy in another cage next to her. There's someone else but they're taken off to be killed by the murderer/monster/whatever.

I can really vagely remember the oddest scenes. My friend thinks it's Creep but I'm not 100%
Original post by BritGirl
Can you identify this film I watched years ago.......?

It was about this mermaid who got taken out of the sea and she looked and acted like a normal person. She met this bloke and one day while they were in town (I have no idea how she was walking), her fin accidently rolled out onto the floor beneath her coat and everyone around was obviously shocked. Next thing I remember she got captured and was put in a water tank in a science lab or something and I'm not sure about this but I think the man turned out to be a mermaid too. She was treated like an experiment and I think she fell in love with the man/ the man was looking after her. I think it was all American actors.

Lol I know it sounds lame :redface:

Possibly could be Splash. starring tom hanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending