The Student Room Group

The "What Film Is This?" Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chupacabraconcadabra
It's not Submarine unfortunately :/ this film is much much more low budget than that. The camera quality was fairly poor aswell.

when was it on?

I don't know any film with a priest in apart.. from the Da Vinci Code.. and Doubt
Original post by chupacabraconcadabra
I watched this movie a while ago late at night on Film 4 but don't remember the name.

It's a really low budget looking british film about a teenage boy(who seems a bit mentally handicapped) who gets bullied in school. He makes friends with this girl and they hang out in the woods together a lot. There are a lot of scenes of them in the woods, both morning and night. They develop a strange relationship, I can't remember if they sleep together.

There is a scene where the girl is in her room with one of her teachers(he might be a priest, I can't remember) and he comes onto her and kinda forces her to have sex with him.

I think in the end the boy dies.

It's a very low budget artsy film with a lot of hand held camerawork. The scenes of them in the woods at night look incredibly grainy. It's not a very visually stunning film.

Does the plot sound familiar? Anyone know what this film is called? It was shown on film 4 quite late at night sometime this year perhaps.

I really wanna remember the name :biggrin:

http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0273850/
Reply 482
Danish film (probably gave it away haha) about two boys, one of which gets bullied at school. There is a side story where one of their Dad's is a doctor working in Africa. Quote me if you want more hints as this is quite vague :P Amazing film though
Reply 483
Original post by Callidus
Danish film (probably gave it away haha) about two boys, one of which gets bullied at school. There is a side story where one of their Dad's is a doctor working in Africa. Quote me if you want more hints as this is quite vague :P Amazing film though

In a Better World (the Danish title is Hævnen). :smile:
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm87ixXCcJ1qh7487o1_r4_500.gif

What film s this GIF from? It's really bugging me!

Original post by chocolate buttons

Dunno but nice use of pathetic fallacy in the clip :biggrin:

Google Image search says it's from The Incredible Hulk. :smile:
the movie was about this boy who either got into this this famous law school or just their summer programme. He and his team had to undergo this mock court case and the case he got was roe v wade and the judge on the panel was the actual judge that passed the abortion law.

one thing i rmb the most was near the beginning where the main character's mom was pointing out that there is always a grey area in every situation. she used the example of speeding, that is wasn't wrong to go over certain speed on highways but things change when you speed in a residential area. i think they was slight romance in it too.

i think it was made by a group of home schooled kids and i watched this with my christian fellowship but i dont think it was anything about Christianity.
hope you guys can help me, its a very interesting movie.
Reply 488
Original post by yzarcemina
the movie was about this boy who either got into this this famous law school or just their summer programme. He and his team had to undergo this mock court case and the case he got was roe v wade and the judge on the panel was the actual judge that passed the abortion law.

one thing i rmb the most was near the beginning where the main character's mom was pointing out that there is always a grey area in every situation. she used the example of speeding, that is wasn't wrong to go over certain speed on highways but things change when you speed in a residential area. i think they was slight romance in it too.

i think it was made by a group of home schooled kids and i watched this with my christian fellowship but i dont think it was anything about Christianity.
hope you guys can help me, its a very interesting movie.

Come What May? Law school, mock court, Roe v. Wade, and the Christian thing seems to fit as well. :p:
Reply 489
Please help, going mad.

Short film. High number of hits on youtube or vimeo (can't remember which one).

It is about 7-10 minutes long, story of two single people who meet and fall in love, then slowly, she disappears.

Does this ring a bell in anyone's head?

You'd know if you've seen it because its brilliantly made.

when I say disapears, I mean each day he sees her there is a little less of her there!
(edited 11 years ago)
Surreal foreign film probably French and probably from the 1960s.

The thing I remember is that everyone is at a "dinner" party but is sitting around on a toilet. One man excuses himself and goes to a small room where he starts eating voraciously. Then he go back to the party and resumes sitting on the toilet.
Original post by nulli tertius
Surreal foreign film probably French and probably from the 1960s.

The thing I remember is that everyone is at a "dinner" party but is sitting around on a toilet. One man excuses himself and goes to a small room where he starts eating voraciously. Then he go back to the party and resumes sitting on the toilet.

Sounds like something Luis Buñuel would make.
Google - Bunuel + dinner party + toilet

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071487/
Original post by seanseansean
Google - Bunuel + dinner party + toilet

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071487/

Thanks
A kids film, it might be Disney, about a really overweight boy who lives in a caravan in America(who doesn't go outside because he's too fat), but the main character is another boy. People come from all over the world to take pictures of him in his caravan. I think the main character tries to befriend him or become his manager or something.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 495
A kids film, it might be Disney, about a really overweight boy who lives in a caravan in America(who doesn't go outside because he's too fat), but the main character is another boy. People come from all over the world to take pictures of him in his caravan. I think the main character tries to befriend him or become his manager or something.

When Zachary Beaver Came to Town? (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0338552/)
Doubt anyone will know this cause i'm going to be so vague but here goes -

There was this film on bbc I think a few years ago? All I remember is finding it very strange coz it seemed like a fairly ordinary film then suddenly towards the end turned into a vampire type thing.

I remember a family out on a road trip type thing, and I think they were travelling in a type of camper van in america? There was a brother and sister in their teens and a mum I think, a man was with them but I think he was a tag along or a friend.

Anyway after some time they end up at this cave thing or something where there's loads of vampires and a big comedic type fight ensues, and from what I can remember all of the family get turned into vamps except the daughter? Who kinda has to kill them all.

It was very strange coz it seemed like a comedy but also was quite random with the whole vampire bit thrown in.

Anyway yeah! :colondollar:
So I watching some show about the greatest horror films or something..

and there was this film which looked rather good which was about a couple vacationing in a deserted town in spain or something.. and the only residents of the town were children who were evil. - I'm guessing it's a foreign film!

Does anyone know what it's called?

At the end the man shoots the children as they try and attack him..

the director said it plays on the idea of children's innocence.. we cannot tell if they are trust worthy or not... (or something like that)

please help!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by hannahchan
So I watching some show about the greatest horror films or something..

and there was this film which looked rather good which was about a couple vacationing in a deserted town in spain or something.. and the only residents of the town were children who were evil. - I'm guessing it's a foreign film!

Does anyone know what it's called?

At the end the man shoots the children as they try and attack him..

the director said it plays on the idea of children's innocence.. we cannot tell if they are trust worthy or not... (or something like that)

please help!

http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0075462/

Also called "Who can kill a child"

I've been meaning to find this myself
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by seanseansean
http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0075462/

Also called "Who can kill a child"

I've been meaning to find this myself

Oh wow thanks :biggrin:.. It looks like it!! Yay! :biggrin:

... Can you not find it anywhere online or instores?

Yes that's the name.. "who can kill a child" Yeah I was trying to remember it!
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest