Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls, would you tell your friends ? Watch

ReputationRep:
    basically one of my mates is cheating on his girlfriend, he even tells us about him banging other girls when his gf is near, lol, anyway of course we won't say anything, however if you knew that ur friend was being cheated on, would you tell ?

ReputationRep:
    'Leave' some evidence lying around for her to find.

No-one will ever suspect you.

Unless you sign it.

Then they'll know it was you.

Don't sign it.

ReputationRep:
    errrrr yes! But surely if you knew that your mates gf was cheating on him you'd tell him, wouldn't you?

ReputationRep:
    Yes. And if a friend knew that the person I was with was cheating on me and didn't tell me, I'd no longer consider them my friend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoombini)
    errrrr yes! But surely if you knew that your mates gf was cheating on him you'd tell him, wouldn't you?
    na i wouldnt

ReputationRep:
    No, it's none of my business, but at the same time I wouldn't sit there and encourage him either.

ReputationRep:
    I'd want my friends to tell me what they knew if my boyfriend was cheating on me.. then i'd follow it up myself.

ReputationRep:
    Id tell the one that was cheating to stop or atleast admit it to their gf/bf.. and if they didnt, then id tell them (the one being cheated on)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    'Leave' some evidence lying around for her to find.

No-one will ever suspect you.

Unless you sign it.

Then they'll know it was you.

Don't sign it.
    terrible advice, never rat out your mate to his gf. Nothing to do with you and therefore not your problem

Two of my best friends were going out and one cheated on the other and told me. They broke up with their other half out of decency but that person was heartbroken and kept asking me why they had done it.

They're getting back together again and I've said to my friend that they need to tell the other one about the cheating. Being in the middle like that is awkward to say the least, it's not my place to tell that person, but I have to urge my friend own up. You can't turn a blind eye, but you can't interfere as it's not your relationship at the end of the day. If they were a serial cheater I would have to say something to the other.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moaty...it's gazza)
    terrible advice, never rat out your mate to his gf. Nothing to do with you and therefore not your problem
    Or you could be a good friend and make your **** of a friend see some sense.

ReputationRep:
    I'd tell. End of.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anabolicminds)
    basically one of my mates is cheating on his girlfriend, he even tells us about him banging other girls when his gf is near, lol, anyway of course we won't say anything, however if you knew that ur friend was being cheated on, would you tell ?
    Personally, I would never tell, I would just change friends.

It really doesn’t make any difference if it’s a romantic relationship or a business relationship. Unethical people are unethical and I don’t want to have any dealings with them.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I would but I'd try to get them to tell her first because it'd be better coming from the other half than from me, and the only thing that concerns me is the hurt it causes and not the relationship itself, so I think it should come from the girl/guy who is cheating.

If they refuse to tell or pretend to put it off, THEN I'd tell them.

ReputationRep:
    I would definitely strongly hint at it. And if they didn't get it, I'd flat out tell them. I don't understand people who say it's not their business when it's one of their BEST friends. It is certainly my business if someone I care about is being lied to and hurt.

ReputationRep:
    It's a hard one! You should probably tell but as we all know people always shoot the messenger!

ReputationRep:
    Meh. The worst part about finding out my ex had been cheating on me was the fact that some of our mutual friends knew - and had known for a long time. They'd stood by and watched that son of a ***** take the **** out of me and waste my time because it was "none of their business". That cut me more deeply than the cheating. Needless to say, none of them are friends any longer.

ReputationRep:
    I was in this situation before;a friend and I overheard our other friends boyfriend saying how he was sleeping with another girl. It wasn't just a one off either.
    I told my friend but she didn't believe us and her boyfriend denied it. They're still together, but I can't believe she believed him over us.

ReputationRep:
    I'd tell.

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely! If I was ever unfortunate enough to be cheated on then I would want to know asap, so I would have to let someone know if they were having that done to them. Especially if the cheater was being a little pr*ck about it as described in the OP.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.