Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    alohaaaaa.
    i'm contemplating whether to get my septum pierced or not in the summer after all my a2 exams. the only -ves i can think of is when uni comes (hopefully). the course i've applied for starts with me being in hospital placement, would i still be allowed the piercing even when i'm on placement?

all comments appreciated, please & a thankyou. x

(btw i don't know why i put this under the health section ahaa).

ReputationRep:
    Only certain people can pull of a septum.
    You think you got what it takes punk? :cool:

ReputationRep:
    What's the question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trigger)
    What's the question?
    basicallllllly, would i still be allowed to wear the septum piercing whilst being on hospital placement?

ReputationRep:
    Probably not, although some areas of the country are more ok with that sort've thing than others. Can't you get a retainer for it, or if you have a horseshoe shaped barbell (rather than a ring) hide it inside your nose.

EDIT: I mean a keeper, like this -> http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/onl...er_4627561.cfm

ReputationRep:
    You might be better off posting this in the Nursing section... I'd imagine the answer is probably not, though I'm not 100% sure.

If it was purely for cosmetic reasons and not health & safety reasons though, you can just get a retainer and tuck it up inside your nose, that's what I do with mine when it needs to be hidden

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by golddust&lipgloss)
    basicallllllly, would i still be allowed to wear the septum piercing whilst being on hospital placement?
    Wear a horse shoe rather then a ring and you can push it up inside your nose so you can hide it.

Sorted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mimimimi)
    You might be better off posting this in the Nursing section..
    nursing? i've applied for radiography/medical imaging.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm...I really don't think septum piercings are very attractive, they just remind me of bulls...but that's just my opinion I guess.

ReputationRep:
    Get a septum keeper and you should be fine.

Scarlet Johannson has her septum pierced and she doesn't seem to let it affect her career....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by golddust&lipgloss)
    nursing? i've applied for radiography/medical imaging.
    Hah... Oops, sorry! It was late, that's my only excuse

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.