Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Could anyone let me know what New Years is like in London - especially in the bit on the embankment. Apparently it gets cordoned off after 9 - so i'm wondering whether there are toilets available and whether there is anything to do? I don't wanna be standing around doing nothing for 3 hours

ReputationRep:
    any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    There's public toilets right next to Embankment station, whether they'll be open is another thing. Expect a lot of standing around for ages, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the wolf at the door)
    Could anyone let me know what New Years is like in London - especially in the bit on the embankment. Apparently it gets cordoned off after 9 - so i'm wondering whether there are toilets available and whether there is anything to do? I don't wanna be standing around doing nothing for 3 hours
    Horrible.

I've said this on another thread so be prepared for the worse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the wolf at the door)
    any ideas?
    i did exactly this 2 years ago, it was a bit boring but london was buzzing. lots of people.

ReputationRep:
    You best have a strong bladder

ReputationRep:
    so if we don't go to one of these cordoned off bits, what will the area around london eye be like? obviously packed, but would i need to get there hours early?

ReputationRep:
    I've been a few times and had a great time. If you get there in good time you can get a decent space right in the middle, wrap up warm, have a bit to drink, sing some songs with friends, normally groups around you get involved. There are large banks of portaloos too, so that's not a problem.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.