The Student Room Group

Uni exams?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by beecher
:frown:

I've got ones for Vector Calculus & Matrices, Electrodynamics, and Statistical Mechanics

Not started revising yet.

Ohh we're quite similar then.. I'm doing engineering maths 1, which is matrices, complex numbers, calculus, vectors and all that, which I've done before but I can't remember much :frown:

And the physics ones are Electromechanical systems and Mechanics of solids.. I'm so screwed in these 2!

Materials is more reading and remembering though, about how materials are manufactured and how strong they are etc.

(Time to log off TSR, blast some Michael Jackson in the speakers and get down to work!)
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 21
anyone else having a panic attack?
i have yet to be productive with my revision!
Reply 22
I have my first exam on the 17th January and I am getting more confident about it now :biggrin:
Reply 23
Original post by Linweth
I have my first exam on the 17th January and I am getting more confident about it now :biggrin:

good to hear :biggrin:
Reply 24
So glad I am not alone. I made a plan for 6 hours a revision a day that I knew I wouldn't be able to stick to, and woe behold, I barely do an hour a day. I have uni exams.
:argh:
Reply 25
I have two 1 and a half hour exams next week with essay questions. Started revision today (with a lot of procrastination :p:) Really need to knuckle down, but keep getting easily distracted :colondollar:
Negative marking is a .......... ahh, never mind!
I have two exams on the 22nd, and I've still not done anything :sexface:

Oh God I'm going to die :frown:
Reply 28
Original post by psychocustard
I have two exams on the 22nd, and I've still not done anything :sexface:

Oh God I'm going to die :frown:

Do you need to pretty much learn all your stuff from scratch? I know I do. :tongue:
Reply 29
I have three 2 hour essay exams on the 17th, 18th and 20th. I'm starting revising properly tommorow :smile:
I have no exams this January- they've decided to let us do all of ours in May. Just great! It means that we'll have even more to revise rather than splitting it up.. but never mind.
Original post by turbo64
Do you need to pretty much learn all your stuff from scratch? I know I do. :tongue:

Not really. I need to look over things and maybe learn a few essay answers, but nothing I can't manage. Ok, that makes me feel better :p:
Reply 32
Original post by Gemma :)!
I have no exams this January- they've decided to let us do all of ours in May. Just great! It means that we'll have even more to revise rather than splitting it up.. but never mind.

i am slightly jealous by this :tongue:
what do you study btw?
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Wowzer_88
i am slightly jealous by this :tongue:
what do you study btw?

Psychology; but I'd prefer to get some out of the way then I don't have to stress about whether I'm going to pass the year or not!
Got an exam on thursday which I havent learnt anything for. Also got driving test on wednesday.Woohoo!
Reply 35
Psychology; but I'd prefer to get some out of the way then I don't have to stress about whether I'm going to pass the year or not!

ooh im doing a subsidiary module in psychology! are you doing multiple choice questions? how are you going to go about revising for it?
Reply 36
Original post by insignificant
Got an exam on thursday which I havent learnt anything for. Also got driving test on wednesday.Woohoo!

when do you go back to uni?
Original post by Wowzer_88
ooh im doing a subsidiary module in psychology! are you doing multiple choice questions? how are you going to go about revising for it?

We had MCTs last year, but this year are all essays. For our MCTs we had to read specific chapters from books that they set, is yours like this?

If so, just read everything and make sure that you understand it.. write notes, and maybe meet up with some of your course mates and explain some of the key concepts and theories.
Reply 38
We had MCTs last year, but this year are all essays. For our MCTs we had to read specific chapters from books that they set, is yours like this?

If so, just read everything and make sure that you understand it.. write notes, and maybe meet up with some of your course mates and explain some of the key concepts and theories.

are the mcq's quite straight forward?
would simply reading the content be enough to trigger your memory?
sorry if im coming off quite pushy lol
Reply 39
I got an offer from a uni and they are asking me for a B gade for overall. Does anyone know how much is this in percentage?

thank you so much in advance!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending