Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

December flights to Bangkok - cost Watch

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone travelled to Bangkok/SE Asia in December and could tell me roughly how much their flights were?

I'd like to go next year but no airlines have released prices for dates after November 2011, and looking up flights for tomorrow is no good because it's the last-minute price.

So if anyone has been to Thailand/Malaysia/Cambodia over December and January and booked their flight reasonably early in advance, I'd love to know roughly how much you paid please!

I'd be travelling out there in December (mid/late, about the 20th) and coming back early/mid January (about the 10th).

Thanks for your help!

ReputationRep:
    Christmas is a very popular time for holidays in Thailand. Its the start of the high season and has generally the nicest weather of the year. So expect to pay more than other times, apart from maybe mid April which is Thai new year and the Songkran water festival which is also a very popular time. Rough guide I would suggest budget £500 but don't be surprised seeing flights with some airlines as much as £650 or £700. However this year I have seen Jet Airways from India and Kingfisher i think from Sri Lanks advertising lots of flights for c£450.

My advice book early and look out for EVA air direct flights. They seem to be the cheapest direct flight to BKK and I highly recommend them, GL

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.