Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Cosmetic Surgery : If you could get ANYTHING done what would it be? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hola Amigos!

My mum is hitting the big 50 soon and wants to get botox and possibly a breast lift. Just discovered this beauty who has had quite a bit of work done to her face and went from cute to gorgeous! Kim Kardashian looked pretty average before but now she looks amazing.

I saw a thread earlier about 'ugly' girls using make-up to make themselves prettier and although I think make up and hair helps some girls and getting a 6 pack helps some boys appear more attractive it doesn't have the power to make them go from ugly to pretty, only cosmetic surgery can do that, I think a person with enough money can successfully transform every aspect of their face to go from a 2 to an 8 with the best cosmetic surgeons. Also men can get biceps implants, calf implants etc.

My question is, if you had all the money in the world and the very best cosmetic surgeons what would you get done?

Here's the girl :

http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/...e_makeover.jpg

ReputationRep:
    What a horrible thing to go through for that girl... she looks completely different. I'd hate to lose my identity like that... I wouldn't even be able to recognise myself in the mirror!!

I wouldn't have anything done as I'm perfectly happy with my untampered, blemished body and face...

I find it to be a conceited, self-absorbed thing to do.

ReputationRep:
    until they find a way to give someone more penises, BumperBo is never getting plastic surgery

ReputationRep:
    I would never ever get anything 'done'. The amount of bloody bloody horror stories I have to deal with in my job, where people just saw plastic surgery as some kind of beauty treatment, which was "in and out" in a day with no consequences *shudder*

Is it just me or has that girl just mangled her natural beauty to look more 'Western'? =o

ReputationRep:
    Nose Job, Dimples, Cheek Bone Implants - I've decided that this would be the only way to look reasonably attractive if it went well. As it stands, I'm saving up to have the nose done in the summer of 2012 if all goes according to plan.

Why have people negged me for that?! My decision.

ReputationRep:
    Plastic surgery just makes people look worse*. And I don't agree with you about Kim Kardashian. She looked prettier when she was younger without the plastic surgery. Now she looks weird. And who is the girl in that picture? She looks better before the surgery.

ReputationRep:
    Breast lift (not implants, just lift), as mine are awful. And maybe a reduction.
    Maybe some liposuction. And possibly get my chin reduced & flattened a little. But I doubt I will ever do any of this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theorb21)
    What a horrible thing to go through for that girl... she looks completely different. I'd hate to lose my identity like that... I wouldn't even be able to recognise myself in the mirror!!

I wouldn't have anything done as I'm perfectly happy with my untampered, blemished body and face...

I find it to be a conceited, self-absorbed thing to do.
    I thought that, how it must feel to look at themselves in the mirror after the 'transformation'

So you wouldn't eve get anything when you're older?

ReputationRep:
    Will lasik count as a cosmetic surgery? I don't want to wear glasses anymore!

Ummm. Just take out some fat from my tights maybe?

Vanity is for fools, especially if they get parts of their body chopped.

By the way that Asian girl in the photo.....I prefer the "before" version.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by BumperBo)
      until they find a way to give someone more penises, BumperBo is never getting plastic surgery
      There is penis augmentation surgery in Thailand

ReputationRep:
      ankle correction honestly

ReputationRep:
      http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/...4cf0d151_b.jpg
      (Original post by Vohamanah)
      I would never ever get anything 'done'. The amount of bloody bloody horror stories I have to deal with in my job, where people just saw plastic surgery as some kind of beauty treatment, which was "in and out" in a day with no consequences *shudder*

Is it just me or has that girl just mangled her natural beauty to look more 'Western'? =o
      She had over 20 surgeries to achieve her 'ideal' look

http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/...4cf0d151_b.jpg

ReputationRep:
      That girl looks much better before. Sooo pretty.

Only thing I'd ever have is another otoplasty.

ReputationRep:
      Nothing.I'm intent on improving my body through exercise and nutrition but I have no desire for boob jobs/liposuction etc.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Sawasdee)
      Will lasik count as a cosmetic surgery? I don't want to wear glasses anymore!
      Get contacts. Or an IOL transplant if you really wanna do something. LASIK is horrible, I've never met an optician or ophthalmologist who would have it done on their own eyes. Optimax etc are basically sales companies, there's so much they don't tell you. Its obscene that they are allowed to do it.

ReputationRep:
      Well, I had a sagittal split osetomy. :3 So my jaw moved forward, but it wasn't by choice. It was NOT worth the month and a bit of not being able to eat and the fact that 5 months later I still can't feel part of my face. Though it is nice seeing a completely different person in the mirror (after the swelling went down and braces off I honestly didn't recognise myself). One thing I would have liked to get done at the same time is to have my chin reduced, they were going to but changed their minds...and now I can't help but notice it! x__x

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Jesus Had Dreads)
      Plastic surgery just makes people look worse*. And I don't agree with you about Kim Kardashian. She looked prettier when she was younger without the plastic surgery. Now she looks weird. And who is the girl in that picture? She looks better before the surgery.
      NO WAY!!!

She looks way better now

http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/...-Surgery-2.jpg

ReputationRep:
      i'm perfect facewise, i'd change nothing

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by rylit91)
      Nose Job, Dimples, Cheek Bone Implants - I've decided that this would be the only way to look reasonably attractive if it went well. As it stands, I'm saving up to have the nose done in the summer of 2012 if all goes according to plan.
      Good on you!, just choose the VERY best doctors, otherwise you might regret it, a botched job is my biggest nightmare for my mum.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 31, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.