The Student Room Group

Cosmetic Surgery : If you could get ANYTHING done what would it be?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I would also like a better waist but I think the only way to do this is to remove ribs? and I don't like the idea of having bones removed or having more scars
Original post by TheSownRose
I used to want a hand job (no, not like that :rolleyes:) because my hands are the size of a ten year old's hand, on a 5'11" adult.

Now, though, I don't. They're still inconvenient, but they're part of who I am as well.

That is sadly the only thing I'm sure doesn't exist! small hands for life it seems! :biggrin:
Reply 62
Right now I wouldn't get anything. Maybe in 10/15 years I'll get botox.

I used to think I wanted loads of stuff done, but now I think I look good. It's amazing how much more grown up I look now compared to when I was 16/17, and I think that was always the problem - too much baby fat and not enough cheek bone!
Reply 63
Original post by PortiaLovesMcqueen
EEK! what are you getting done?

Definitely projection reduced and hump/dorsal removed. This means nostrils need to be reduced too. Perhaps the bridge needs to be 'slimmed'.
Well obviously you'd be quite biased then.

I also see the stuff they don't put in the sales ads :wink:
Original post by boba
I would also like a better waist but I think the only way to do this is to remove ribs? and I don't like the idea of having bones removed or having more scars

Is that a real procedure I remember my mum once telling me about Janet Jackson having ribs removed but I thought she was liyng :eek:
Original post by Vohamanah
I also see the stuff they don't put in the sales ads :wink:

e.g ?
That is sadly the only thing I'm sure doesn't exist! small hands for life it seems! :biggrin:

I'm sure that, if I was willing to break every bone in my hand and have little pins inserted before they're reset, it would be possible ... but I don't think I will. :s-smilie:
A nose job to define my bridge and to lengthen it a little.
Reply 69
would you ever get them reduced?

No, I really don't think so. I'd never get surgery to improve my appearance. I reckon the most I'd stretch to would be orthodontic work.
Original post by rylit91
Definitely projection reduced and hump/dorsal removed. This means nostrils need to be reduced too. Perhaps the bridge needs to be 'slimmed'.

Good Luck are you having any sort of implant put it? If you want a smaller nose don't get any sort of implant, my friend did, she went with MYA and her nose ended up BIGGER. I have another friend who had her rhino done in Thailand (random) for like £1,000 and it came out perfectly so I think it's all based on your communication with your doctor
Reply 71
Nose job. Have wanted one for ages. People can get what they like if it'll make them happier :smile:
Reading "Uglies" by Scott Westerfield put me off for life.

Also, plastic surgery just heightens the correlation between self worth and body image. Not saying I don't get insecure from time to time, but it's a slippery slope.
Reply 73
I'm sure that, if I was willing to break every bone in my hand and have little pins inserted before they're reset, it would be possible ... but I don't think I will. :s-smilie:

Just wear big gloves, and stuff lots of toilet paper in them!
:smile:
Original post by Katq
maybe I could just have a baby. Yes I think that is the solution!

I am REALLY hoping that when I get pregnant my hips widen abit and somehow they stay wider and I have a flat tummy, Beyonce style. However, this will obviously never happen :mad:
Reply 75
That girl was so cute before the surgery! Now she is nowhere near as pretty.

HAHA, could never happen! Your skin of the hands won't fit any more!
Reply 77

Oh Korea.

I'd go for a slight nose-job, maybe. Nothing really worth doing, but you know what they say about being your own biggest critic.
e.g ?

Too much fat being removed in lipo leading to a large 'overhang' on the abdomen, haematomas, massive scarring, extremely wonky boob jobs, infection leading to necrosis. Then the laser eye surgery ones are the worst. Recurrent corneal erosion for life (meaning the surface of your cornea peels away when you blink - as painful as it sounds), blindness, corneal damage leading to aphakia, over/under correction. That's just a few of the kind of things I get in regularly. Obv can't give case specific details.
HAHA, could never happen! Your skin of the hands won't fit any more!

They do it with legs.

Quick Reply

Latest