The Student Room Group

Cosmetic Surgery : If you could get ANYTHING done what would it be?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by PortiaLovesMcqueen
I am REALLY hoping that when I get pregnant my hips widen abit and somehow they stay wider and I have a flat tummy, Beyonce style. However, this will obviously never happen :mad:

Hah! I will live in the hope! So when the baby comes out, *pop*, my stomach is flat again and i'm set with a nice pair of hips :smile:

*crosses fingers*
Reply 81
Is that a real procedure I remember my mum once telling me about Janet Jackson having ribs removed but I thought she was liyng :eek:

I don't think its a common procedure that you can just go to somewhere like the harly medical group and get but I'm pretty sure its possible and people have had it done.

"Rib Removal is a surgical operation, usually performed on the lowest ribs to make the waist thinner. This is considered 'extreme' and is rarely formally documented"

"Rib removal per se does not reduce waist circumference. An improved waist size is accomplished only by the removal of surplus body fat. This is why rib removal is typically combined with abdominoplasty (tummy tuck), a surgical procedure designed to remove excess skin and fat tissue from the abdomen and to tighten the muscles of the abdominal wall. Abdominoplasty is sometimes combined with liposuction, depending on the degree of loose skin, excess fat, and abdominal muscle weakness in the patient."

just from wikipedia not sure about reliablilty
My sister was THIS close to getting her boobs enlarged to a DD then I reminded her she wanted to become a barrister and if she wants a shot at success they'll never make it happen! She's happy with her B cup now ^_^
one name.

Janice Dickinson.
I'd be too scared of having a botched job. A bimaxillary osteotomy was enough for me, thank you very much!
Original post by caiitlinz
Reading "Uglies" by Scott Westerfield put me off for life.

Also, plastic surgery just heightens the correlation between self worth and body image. Not saying I don't get insecure from time to time, but it's a slippery slope.

What is that book about? Is it something about uglies who become pretties or something? I remember seeing it in the Library AGES ago and never getting to read it!
Reply 86
(Once I have teh moniez) I have planned to bulldoze my entire face since I was twelve.
Original post by placebo24
That girl was so cute before the surgery! Now she is nowhere near as pretty.

I think she looks much better!
Original post by TimesChanging
one name.

Janice Dickinson.

I think she's alright...remember she IS like 60 :s-smilie:
Original post by caiitlinz
Reading "Uglies" by Scott Westerfield put me off for life.

Also, plastic surgery just heightens the correlation between self worth and body image. Not saying I don't get insecure from time to time, but it's a slippery slope.

Have you read the next ones in the series?
Reply 90
My dick. Because its so big. :cool:
Nah, I'm against plastic surgery.
Reply 91
I think she looks much better!

We shall have to agree to disagree. I think she is adorable before the surgery :smile:
What is that book about? Is it something about uglies who become pretties or something? I remember seeing it in the Library AGES ago and never getting to read it!

It's a brilliant series c: Basically, it's about a city in the future where everyone gets full-body plastic surgery when they turn 16. And, seeing as it put me off, it turns out everything isn't sunshine and rainbows :wink:

There are three other books in the series, Pretties, Specials and Extras, and they're all well worth a read c:
Original post by AnyoneOutThere
Have you read the next ones in the series?

Yess. Guessing you have, too?

It is about how people will be manipulated and go under the knife to all look alike, it is a rite of passage. A group of teenagers refuse. And basically all hell breaks loose.
Reply 95

She kind of looks like a Korean Cheryl Cole :s-smilie:
Reply 96
Original post by TheSownRose
I used to want a hand job (no, not like that :rolleyes:) because my hands are the size of a ten year old's hand, on a 5'11" adult.

Now, though, I don't. They're still inconvenient, but they're part of who I am as well.

Guys will love being with a girl with smaller hands. It'll make their junk look so much bigger :h:

Spoiler

The only thing I'd get done is to get rid of excess eyelid skin, because I do NOT want droopy eyelids when I'm older.
Original post by Vohamanah
Too much fat being removed in lipo leading to a large 'overhang' on the abdomen, haematomas, massive scarring, extremely wonky boob jobs, infection leading to necrosis. Then the laser eye surgery ones are the worst. Recurrent corneal erosion for life (meaning the surface of your cornea peels away when you blink - as painful as it sounds), blindness, corneal damage leading to aphakia, over/under correction. That's just a few of the kind of things I get in regularly. Obv can't give case specific details.

Sounds like a very cool job you have there :s-smilie:
LASIK is a no GO! I've read so many stories of blindness :frown:
What about surgery abroad do you get loads of those?
Reply 99
Good Luck are you having any sort of implant put it? If you want a smaller nose don't get any sort of implant, my friend did, she went with MYA and her nose ended up BIGGER. I have another friend who had her rhino done in Thailand (random) for like £1,000 and it came out perfectly so I think it's all based on your communication with your doctor

Yeah, some people have nose jobs to make their noses bigger - small noses that are out of proportion to the face can induce self consciousness just as much as a big nose. I would never go abroad, I'd rather recover in my own home after such a ghastly operation! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending