The Student Room Group

My ex seems interested? Really not sure..

So... Really need some help, please. Sorry it's long.

I was with a girl for almost 6 years (I'm 21) and then I went to uni in September. We had been engaged for a month by this time. 3 weeks into my course (living 150 miles from home) she leaves me for another guy. This guy had literally just come out of a relationship (of 4 years) and seduced my girl into leaving me. 'My girl' then fell for this guy. Now, 2 months later, they have broken up (obviously... a relationship because of rebound will not work). Now she seems to be liking me again..

I think I'm just being hopeful though...

We occasionally text, and recently we've texted loads. The other day I told her the texts were giving me false hope and I'm torturing myself by contacting her and she said sorry and that she would not text me again. Yesterday morning she calls me up crying.. asking to meet up. We meet up and have a general conversation, and talk about how much of a **** this 'other' guy is. They seem over.

BUT... I really dont understand why she called me and wanted to meet up? We had a good talk, and we still get on well. She knows I still love her, and that I'm willing to take her back. Why does she continue to contact me?

I really need an opinion on this. I know I shouldn't want her back, but for those of you who have been in love, I'm sure you'll understand.
Reply 1

Dude, seriously, if you have even an ounce of self-respect you won't take her back.

You should've used that meet up as an opportunity to give her a pimp slap.
You seem like a really sweet guy so don't let her take advantage of that. Just give her a couple of weeks to think about things and if she doesn't mention getting back together, confront her or move on.
Reply 3
You'd be such a mug if you took her back...
Reply 4
I know I'd be a mug... but I can't help how I still feel for her..
Are you serious? You listened to her 'poor' problems she had with her ex? The guy she left you for?

I'd slap her. Ughhh :mad:

Forget her man. Forget. her.
Original post by Danamaganza
So... Really need some help, please. Sorry it's long.
BUT... I really dont understand why she called me and wanted to meet up? We had a good talk, and we still get on well. She knows I still love her, and that I'm willing to take her back. Why does she continue to contact me?

I really need an opinion on this. I know I shouldn't want her back, but for those of you who have been in love, I'm sure you'll understand.

Its pretty obvious she's using you now as she's feeling lonely.. and has broken up with the other guy.... and isn't getting much attention.

6 years is a long time...she obviously will still have some feelings for you,.. but it also makes it worse that after all the time she left you for another guy.... and to do that and come back for your support is pretty selfish.
Reply 7
Closure. You're not the only one though. Before I left to go back home my ex wanted to meet up and so we did. Cut a long story short, don't play with fire unless you like getting burnt. Obviously some of us do..

Quick Reply

Latest