Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've seen people recommend the CPG books fairly often, but I just want to make sure that they're actually good before I buy one. Has anyone used the CPG book or any of the other ones?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Personally, i think CGP is useful as it has everything you need to know, but condensed into short points and also includes extra info that may help understand the topics more clearly. However, i don't think you should rely on just the CGP book, you should have some other revision guides as well to give you a wider understanding of what your learning.

Hope this is useful!

ReputationRep:
    http://www.pearsonschoolsandfecolleg...ionguides.aspx
    & the student unit guides are supposed to be good,I haven t received mine yet
    see this thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1477696

ReputationRep:
    I personally dont recommend people buying CGP books for salters because it isnt very concise to the markscheme. I remember for the unit 2 biology mock i wrote something exactly the same as the CGP and my teacher replied " i dont like how you worded it and it doesnt fit in with the mark scheme so i marked you down." Any how if anyone else used it and found it fantastic then that is good i am just telling you my opinion.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.