The Student Room Group

Do you count Oral as sex?

Hey! This was debated amongst my friends, and have just read a few comments on another thread on here, and I was wondering what you guys thought.
If you do believe it counts as sex, would you then say that by giving oral you lose your virginity?

I'll leave my views till later :smile:
Reply 1
Interesting question. I would normally say oral counts, but I wouldn't say it 'counts' from a virginity POV. Surely it usually leads to something more, anyway =)
Reply 2
Depends if you're a carpet muncher or not I guess?
Reply 3
No? They're different - one is oral, the other is vaginal. Only vaginal sex makes you lose your virginity.
No. Oral is a sexual act and a type of sex, but when I say ''sex'' I mean full intercourse :smile: And giving oral doesn't count as loss of virginity in my book either.

Although I can see how someone religious might say it was, and was just as bad as full sex.
Reply 5
Original post by Sakura-Chan
No. Oral is a sexual act and a type of sex, but when I say ''sex'' I mean full intercourse :smile: And giving oral doesn't count as loss of virginity in my book either.

Although I can see how someone religious might say it was, and was just as bad as full sex.

If your looking at it from a religious perspective, might I offer the opinion of a religious friend of mine (myself because completely of the opposite view and thus ... irrelevant, ha ha). My friend was adamant that she would never have sex before marriage, but that oral sex would be acceptable before marriage, provided that she was certain that this was the person with whom she wanted to spend the rest of her life. She suggested engagement would be an acceptable time to do this. She then went and gave head to someone who was only a friend, with no hope of a relationship ever between the two them, at a party, so ... her initial opinion was rendered moot as her reason for doing this outside of her established moral opinion was "I was curious". She maintains that she won't sleep with anyone fully before she's married.
Original post by Doke
If your looking at it from a religious perspective, might I offer the opinion of a religious friend of mine (myself because completely of the opposite view and thus ... irrelevant, ha ha). My friend was adamant that she would never have sex before marriage, but that oral sex would be acceptable before marriage, provided that she was certain that this was the person with whom she wanted to spend the rest of her life. She suggested engagement would be an acceptable time to do this. She then went and gave head to someone who was only a friend, with no hope of a relationship ever between the two them, at a party, so ... her initial opinion was rendered moot as her reason for doing this outside of her established moral opinion was "I was curious". She maintains that she won't sleep with anyone fully before she's married.

Someone ''deeply religious'' then :p:
Reply 7
I've always thought of it as a sexual act, but not sex. In high school, giving head was always what you did if you weren't ready for sex, so that's how I've always seen it.
Reply 8
Original post by Sakura-Chan
Someone ''deeply religious'' then :p:

Ha ha, indeed! I really thought she was, but it turns out most of my friends who have been religious all their lives have turned out to be quite the little slagathors. I know other religious people who are serious about it, but those I keep in my close circle of friends have really surprised me. If I think now of my three closest religious friends, out of the three of them and myself, I am the only one who has most stuck by their original moral standards in terms of sexual ethics and am the only one whose sexual experience has been solely within a monogomous relationship. And I'm the one who doesn't care. Ha ha
Reply 9
I agree with the others, and that you only lose your virginity when you have full intercourse, even though oral is most definitely a sexual act. My friend who is strongly Christian believes this too (if that's at all relevant).
:smile: yeeah i agree that oral only counts as a sexual act, definitely doesn't count as losing your virginity!
but i hate it when people cheat and say 'it was just a oral', i feel it's just as bad when cheating, whether actual-sex or not :tongue:
Reply 11
I don't mean to be graphic, but how the hell can essentially licking someone be considered sex or loss of virginity? Just because of the area? So you're working your way down...

kissing their mouth (not sex)

kissing their chest (not sex)

kissing their stomach (not sex)

'Oh I've reached your genitals!'---> THIS IS SEX!!!

In Short: Oral sex is sexual, but it is not sex.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 12
Only if I'm doing it.
i just don't see how it would.
so i'm going to say no.
Reply 14
Original post by Elfy1
Hey! This was debated amongst my friends, and have just read a few comments on another thread on here, and I was wondering what you guys thought.
If you do believe it counts as sex, would you then say that by giving oral you lose your virginity?

I'll leave my views till later :smile:

Bill Clinton did not deny having sex with Monica Lewinsky; he denied having intercourse, so technically he did not lie on the stand.
it counts as sex...but as its not...intercourse...no if you mean from a virginity PoV

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending