The Student Room Group

Will Re-takes be considered now?

well i heard for people doing AS levels this year, unis will start to take into considerations the amount of retakes you do in paticular modules, is this true??

please help will it affect your Ucas, specially for a course like medicine?
UCL's Medical School has made it clear they are not a fan of people retaking AS/A2 modules.
I don't think any other medical school has explicitly given their stance on this. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.
Reply 2
I think it's probably similar with lots of the bigger Unis. They would prefer it if you didn't resit every single exam 3 different times. But if you need to resit say a maths exam, then I think generally they don't mind too much. :smile:
op, i think this has always been the case in medicine and other high demand courses. Also it has always been the case for some hard to get into unis for all courses.
Ie what youve described is not a new thing

Someone can correct me if im wrong

you should look at uni online prospectuses or phone/email admissions office of the uni and see what they say regarding the matter ie what their policy is on accepting applicants who have did resits
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by purplefrog
UCL's Medical School has made it clear they are not a fan of people retaking AS/A2 modules.
I don't think any other medical school has explicitly given their stance on this. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Thats interesting, a friend of mine had to retake a Chemistry AS module and she still got into UCL for medicine.
Original post by jelly1000
Thats interesting, a friend of mine had to retake a Chemistry AS module and she still got into UCL for medicine.

The policy is starting for 2011 entry onwards. They actively discourage you from retaking A2 modules in particular and would rather you take more in the summer than in January as the medicine course is linear as opposed to modular.

Quick Reply

Latest