Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm not a troll. I wish I was because this wouldn't be true.

I started starving myself in primary 1 and when the school noticed my mum let them have someone watch over me and make sure that I ate, which meant that I didn't have a choice.

It worked okay for a couple of years until I hit puberty at eight.

I started to gain weight easily and, although I was already being picked on for being weird and not fitting in, it all got worse. My hormones were going nuts, I was on and off meds to try and help, my body was turning against me. My skin was awful.

I'm 18 now and it's only just stopped. I went through a period of starving and/or purging, then binge and purge and back to purging. Christmas sent me on a binge, but I really want to lose weight before I go to uni which means a big diet starting the day after new year.

My hormones still aren't normal and the weight will be hard to lose, but I'm worried that I'll end up starving myself or purging or binge/purging again. I'm too shy to go to the doctor for help and I don't have the money for any weight loss meds or anything. My family go from bugging me about losing weight to calling me far in five minutes.

I dont' want to end up that ill little kid again, but I can't stay like this.

Help?

ReputationRep:
    Go to a doctor, it will be hard to recover by yourself. Don't be shy about it, it is important that you get this seen too xx

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 30, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.