Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Jakob Scharf, the head of Denmark's intelligence service, told reporters that the militants had apparently planned to storm the Copenhagen offices of Denmark's Jyllands-Posten newspaper, which published the controversial Mohamed cartoons in 2005. Once inside, they planned to fire automatic weapons at random, he said.

"They wanted to kill as many of the people present as possible," Mr Scharf said, adding that "an imminent terror attack" had been foiled. He described the suspects as "militant Islamic activists with relations to international terror networks". He said more arrests were possible.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...t-2171792.html

Fully expect to be hearing again how Muslim terrorism is caused by the downtrodden justifiably rising up against injustice in Palestine or Afghanistan... however the facts of this case point at it being revenge for a silly 5 year old cartoon, a sort of childish temper tantrum - with semi automatic weapons.

I don't think these islamists are going to quiet down even if we pulled western armies out of Afghanistan tomorrow tbh - they think they're on a mission from allah to purify the world.

ReputationRep:
    aye they do, a tiny minority obviously but no reasoning is going to change their minds now. The only advantage if we leave their lands as they so wish (and I think we should do) then at least if they continue to target civilians they pockets of support should decline.

They're incredibly foolish though, what do they hope to achieve? Attacks on Western nations just means we'll stay in there countries longer and possibly even invade neighbouring nations to try and hunt them down.

It would amuse me if Islam was correct. I do wonder if Allah would approve of them gunning down innocent people, their "jihad" is a lie, you're not supposed to hurt civilians and yet they twist things into suggested every single Western citizen is not a civilian and is an enemy combatant, which is ridiculous. Because we don't fight our own governments it's our fault, if we follow their logic we should bomb their countries to dust because seeing as the Taliban still exist, all Afghan civilians MUST support them. Ugh.....I await the ending of the Abrahamic faiths...just as those before them, they will eventually fade into the sands of time..

I wonder if the Danish govt. is looking to pass some legislation and needs the public to have the 'terrorism' issue fresh in their minds?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Joinedup)

Fully expect to be hearing again how Muslim terrorism is caused by the downtrodden justifiably rising up against injustice in Palestine or Afghanistan... however the facts of this case point at it being revenge for a silly 5 year old cartoon, a sort of childish temper tantrum - with semi automatic weapons.

I don't think these islamists are going to quiet down even if we pulled western armies out of Afghanistan tomorrow tbh - they think they're on a mission from allah to purify the world.

ReputationRep:
      Prepare yourself for the bevy of criticism you are about to get.

brace yourself to read over and over that "they are not Muslim, they just call themselves that, Islam is the religion of peace, this is a small minority"

oh the **** fest is about to start.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by joey11223)
      aye they do, a tiny minority obviously but no reasoning is going to change their minds now. The only advantage if we leave their lands as they so wish (and I think we should do) then at least if they continue to target civilians they pockets of support should decline.

They're incredibly foolish though, what do they hope to achieve? Attacks on Western nations just means we'll stay in there countries longer and possibly even invade neighbouring nations to try and hunt them down.

It would amuse me if Islam was correct. I do wonder if Allah would approve of them gunning down innocent people, their "jihad" is a lie, you're not supposed to hurt civilians and yet they twist things into suggested every single Western citizen is not a civilian and is an enemy combatant, which is ridiculous. Because we don't fight our own governments it's our fault, if we follow their logic we should bomb their countries to dust because seeing as the Taliban still exist, all Afghan civilians MUST support them. Ugh.....I await the ending of the Abrahamic faiths...just as those before them, they will eventually fade into the sands of time..
      that isn't likely.... most likely will come to an end when with ww3 and the destruction of the holy sites....

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Joinedup)

we had our own arrests in britain recently... a group of islamist jihadis looking to blow up several uk targets during the christmas/new year period.

somthing which we will continue to see over the coming years..

ReputationRep:
      Lol, It was just a question of time before some criminals went after Jyllandsposten...

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by bunty64)
      that isn't likely.... most likely will come to an end when with ww3 and the destruction of the holy sites....
      Unfortunately religion will always be around, as even if you destroy the physical aspects of it (as you said, holy sites, etc) the idea of religion will still be in people's minds, and WWIII would only serve as an accessory for making people even more god-fearing and despondent.

ReputationRep:
      http://www.faithfreedom.org/Quran.htm

I feel this page is appropriate here.

For balance here is the christian version:

http://www.evilbible.com/

Obviously both offer evidence for Judaism being of a similar nature.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Drunk Punx)
      Unfortunately religion will always be around, as even if you destroy the physical aspects of it (as you said, holy sites, etc) the idea of religion will still be in people's minds, and WWIII would only serve as an accessory for making people even more god-fearing and despondent.
      yes religion will always be around, but not in the organised extreme way we know today.... the whole israel/palestine issue will be sorted, what with it being burnt to the ground in ww3. This will also solve the issue of it being the promised land for the jews and the need of the christians to have the jews in the holy land for the coming of christ......

but all this malarky aside, religion will still there, albeit not in the way we know it today.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.