Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

GREECE travel help needed!!!........? Watch

ReputationRep:
    i want to go to greece in the summer for 3-4 weeks but i want to spend as little as pssoble, so some questions.

is a flight the cheapest travel option?
    if so when should i book it?
    whats the cheapest way to stay there?
    is it possible to stay in a tent maybe?
    if yes then what about showers and stuff?
    roughly how much would 3-4 weeks cost?
    and is it cheap over there now due to the economy?

ReputationRep:
    ffdfdgdfgfd

ReputationRep:
    any1?

ReputationRep:
    Easiest way would be to fly (and book asap to get it cheapest) - think easyjet, ryanair, jet2, bmibaby... Other option would be to purchase a month long European rail card.

It won't be that cheap at the moment as the euro exchange rate doesn't do us any favours.

Camping is can be the cheapest accommodation you can get, but it can get ridiculously hot during the summer - air-con was my saviour when I was in Athens this summer. We then moved on to Turkey and that was even worse...

The money that you'll need depends on what island you are going to. Yes you can bring a tent, but free camping has been banned for security reasons, although many people ignore the rules. If you camp illegally usually you will be told to leave by a guard/police, if they are in a bad mood you get a not so small fine. You can visit an organized camping, it is safer, especially if you travel alone.

Price wise, it is not cheaper now, on the contrary things are more expensive due to inflation.

ReputationRep:
      so how much should a return flight cost? who with? and wt time in the summer is cheaper ? (to thessaloniki)

Lets just say that the most expensive time to travel in the summer will be July and August. June will be the cheapest of the three months not only on air fares but accommodation as well. Usually I find the best deals on Easyjet and a few times on BA or Aegean Airlines, depends on what offers they have. The most expensive time would be to fly when the schools are closed in the UK. If you go out between mid/late June and come back four weeks later you are looking at around £80-£100 if you book now (Gatwick to Thessaloniki) with easyjet.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.