Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,all guys,now i am so sad and angry.Yesterday,i saw this Hunter Boot Women's Mayfair Boots online, i want to get it, it is so nice and stylish.I like its style very much,but it is a little expensive.I asked for my mom for some help.But she quarrelled with me,and said i too selfish.
    What do u think about this problem? I just buy a pair of shoes for myself,i am too selfish??So ridiculous! How about this boots?Is it not worth to buy???

ReputationRep:
    Get them anyways.
    moms don't know anything

ReputationRep:
    If it's your money, then go for it. If it's hers, you are being a tad selfish. It's not quantum physics.

ReputationRep:
    Spend your own money. You shouldn't be pestering your mother for such frivolous things as overpriced shoes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queenorivers)
    Hate to sound pretentious but I will anyway.
    Ever since I started working my mum gave me food and a home and nothing else. All my clothes came from me and if I didn't get any shifts I didn't go out, get clothes, magazines, anything that isn't eating or something in the house. So shut up and get over it basically and stop acting so spoilt.
    That's not pretentious? That's just the truth.
    But I didn't really get your argument. You had a hard time so she should get over her own situation? Just wondering

ReputationRep:
    your money spend it, hers then tough luck basically

ReputationRep:
    I too sell fish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ussumane)
    I too sell fish.
    HAHAHA!!!!

omg... I nearly pissed myself reading this HAHA

I had to like your post, well done!

ReputationRep:
    As others have said, if its your money then just buy them anyway but if its your mums money and she says no then you have to deal with that and save for them yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaqera)
    HAHAHA!!!!

omg... I nearly pissed myself reading this HAHA

I had to like your post, well done!
    Thanks mate, I appreciate it

ReputationRep:
    You spelt mum wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cloudfly)
    Hi,all guys,now i am so sad and angry.Yesterday,i saw this Hunter Boot Women's Mayfair Boots online, i want to get it, it is so nice and stylish.I like its style very much,but it is a little expensive.I asked for my mom for some help.But she quarrelled with me,and said i too selfish.
    What do u think about this problem? I just buy a pair of shoes for myself,i am too selfish??So ridiculous! How about this boots?Is it not worth to buy???
    I want doesn't get

ReputationRep:
    Those boots are disgusting..why the f**k would you waste that amount of money on those when you can buy food/alcohol?
    Are you even a student?
    Off you pop to Primark and buy a nice pair of plimsolls!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakeley)
    Those boots are disgusting..why the f**k would you waste that amount of money on those
    Wannabe Rah mebbe?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queenorivers)
    A hard time? Rubbish I didn't have a hard time at all. I dont care if your parents treat you to stuff but OP don't get all stroppy because they wont give you what you ask for.

Hard time indeed!
    Calm down! I just said 'hard time' as the polar opposite to her situation.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.