1 tsp. salt

1/2 tsp. nutmeg

1/2 tsp. ground ginger

1/4 tsp. cardamom

1 Tbsp. egg replacer

2 unbaked pie shells

Instructions:

-----------------------------------------------------

Place all ingredients in a mixer (except the pie shells) and mix slowly until everything is combined. Then mix on high for a few minutes until there are very few lumps left. Prebake two pie shells (we recommend using PETA's "Sister's Pie crust" recipe, below) for 7 minutes at 350ºF with convection on. Fill shells all the way to the top and bake at 350ºF with convection on for 1 hour. Pies should not jiggle very much when you take them out of the oven. Let them cool, then cover and put in fridge to chill before serving.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by changoo)
    Ingredients:

4 cups sweet potato

2 Tbsp. margarine

2 cups soy milk

1 cup sugar

2 tsp. molasses

1 tsp. almond extract

1 tsp. vanilla

2 tsp. cinnamon

1 tsp. salt

1/2 tsp. nutmeg

1/2 tsp. ground ginger

1/4 tsp. cardamom

1 Tbsp. egg replacer

2 unbaked pie shells

Instructions:

Place all ingredients in a mixer (except the pie shells) and mix slowly until everything is combined. Then mix on high for a few minutes until there are very few lumps left. Prebake two pie shells (we recommend using PETA's "Sister's Pie crust" recipe, below) for 7 minutes at 350ºF with convection on. Fill shells all the way to the top and bake at 350ºF with convection on for 1 hour. Pies should not jiggle very much when you take them out of the oven. Let them cool, then cover and put in fridge to chill before serving.
    Sounds awesome, but how can you have 2 cups of Potato?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grape:))
    Sounds awesome, but how can you have 2 cups of Potato?
    *4 cups. It's an American recipe, they measure things by volume (you can find a cups to ml coversion by typing it into google). I got so confused in my step-mother's kitchen in the states, because I was trying to use a British recipe and they didn't even own a pair of kitchen scales...

Edit: Sorry, if you meant how can you FIT sweet potato in the cups to measure it, I would dice it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rubberband)
    *4 cups. It's an American recipe, they measure things by volume (you can find a cups to ml coversion by typing it into google). I got so confused in my step-mother's kitchen in the states, because I was trying to use a British recipe and they didn't even own a pair of kitchen scales...

Edit: Sorry, if you meant how can you FIT sweet potato in the cups to measure it, I would dice it.
    Oh, so they literally mean to dice it and then fit it in cups?

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grape:))
    Oh, so they literally mean to dice it and then fit it in cups?

Cheers
    Yeah, I suppose you'd have to anyway really if it's going to go into a blender.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rubberband)
    Yeah, I suppose you'd have to anyway really if it's going to go into a blender.
    Cheers

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.