Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you leave your wife or girlfriend if she became fat? Watch

• View Poll Results: Would you leave your wife or girlfriend if she became fat?
    Yes
    11.90%
    Yes, if she was dangerously overweight or obese
    11.90%
    LAD
    14.29%
    Not unless she was dangerously overweight or obese
    23.81%
    No
    38.10%

ReputationRep:
    I saw this story today and lol'd http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...rce-I-fat.html :facepalm2:

I could understand if he were slim, or even average, but he's practically obese. He even has some sort of overhang :facepalm2: The words pot, kettle and black spring to mind.

So I was wondering, would you leave your wife or girlfriend if she became fat? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    what's the diff between option 2 and 4?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaloo)
    There isn't one, really :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Lulz at the article. That dude looks like he's never seen a gym in his life.

As for the question, I make an effort to look good, so she should as well. Simples.

ReputationRep:
    stopped reading when i saw "dailymail" in the url

ReputationRep:
    Hell yes

ReputationRep:
    If its my BF, no.
    There's more to relationship than just physical appearance.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by j0nnn)
    stopped reading when i saw "dailymail" in the url
    What's wrong with the dailymail ?

ReputationRep:
    If it came to the point where she was no longer physically attractive to me and she had no intention of dealing with her obesity then yes I would.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Gotta say no. I suppose I might if I wasn't in a serious or long term relationship, but in a serious relationshio where I actually see it going somewhere like my current one, I couldn't and wouldn't leave her over something as silly as that. If I felt it was dangerous I'd speak to her about it.

ReputationRep:
    Depends if I had become fat too. Two fatties going out would be fine.

If I was still slim though, and she was like a size 20/22, I would definitely consider leaving her. Why should anyone (male or female) have to bang a an obese person?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaloo)
    Damn I was thinking this too!

And as for the OP: I would expect him to find me less attractive but not leave. Besides I don't want to be a heffer either.

ReputationRep:
    Small chance if they were just a girlfriend, but then again before breaking it up I would tell them I have a problem with it.
    If they were my Wife, I'm sorry but I would not break up a marriage just because she was obese, I would try to work on it with her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by p+i+n+k)
    What's wrong with the dailymail ?
    The rea question is- What's right with it? :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I bet who who ticked no were women in this thread, Hellllllllllllll Yes I would for various reasons!

I mean, the man in the picture is pathetic for demanding his wife stay skinny when he is fat himself, but If I was skinny, I wouldn't be dating an overweight woman, that's just how I feel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aspiringlawstudent)
    I saw this story today and lol'd http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...rce-I-fat.html :facepalm2:

I could understand if he were slim, or even average, but he's practically obese. He even has some sort of overhang :facepalm2: The words pot, kettle and black spring to mind.

So I was wondering, would you leave your wife or girlfriend if she became fat? :confused:
    Why would I? It is a contract for life and whoever breaks it is being evil.

I would rather encourage her and help her out with a diet than leave her!

ReputationRep:
    ASAP, take your krispy kreme doughnut eating ass out of my house, right now!

ReputationRep:
    Dangerously overweight.. what an option.

ReputationRep:
    Why are option 2 and 4 the same? They're the same thing just worded a little differently.

I don't think I would. If I was worried about her health I'd try to get her help.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.