Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Uni problem - too many male friends Watch

Announcements

Most of my close friends are male which I'd like to change. I miss having girlfriends and all the girls seem to have bonded very well (i'm in a small uni). It's like there are groups of girls, cliques, if you like, and i'm kind of on the side, floating between groups never really being in one group. I find it difficult to become close to girls, it's easier with guys as there's more "banter" or whatever. I'm not even a tomboy, I'm the 'girliest' girl and most of the time I spend with my guy friends consists of us watching films, them taking apart my room and us just joking around and play fighting with each other. What should I do? i just find getting closer to girls difficult...

I really really want close girlfriends....

ReputationRep:
    Rolling stones gather no moss.

ReputationRep:
    Spread rumours so the girls start hating each other

(Original post by Iorek)
    Rolling stones gather no moss.
    So I should choose a girl group and stick with them? i have one group in mind but they are very close. they're always with each other, arranging outings etc.

(Original post by LaughingBro)
    lol no. i want to get in with them! i'm more of their acquaintance while the rest are close(r) friends....

ReputationRep:
    ^ You gotta create some rift between the close friends so you'll have a better chance innit! Get your male pals to help out

^ You gotta create some rift between the close friends so you'll have a better chance innit! Get your male pals to help out
    thats not a very nice thing to do!

ReputationRep:
    ^ Desperate times calls for desperate measures

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So I should choose a girl group and stick with them? i have one group in mind but they are very close. they're always with each other, arranging outings etc.
    Stick to no more than 2 groups...... else you're spreading yourself too thin.

1 is putting all eggs in 1 basket

ReputationRep:
    Join clubs like, cheerleading society? Hot stuff.

ReputationRep:
    lol no. i want to get in with them! i'm more of their acquaintance while the rest are close(r) friends....
    hang out with them more, plan something and invite them along.

(Original post by Jmzie-Coupe)
    Join clubs like, cheerleading society? Hot stuff.
    no offence, but this is actually the worst advice people give. clubs (around here) are just full of 2nd and 3rd years. i know girl groups, i'm sort of in one but not fully. i want to be fully in one

ReputationRep:
    no offence, but this is actually the worst advice people give. clubs (around here) are just full of 2nd and 3rd years. i know girl groups, i'm sort of in one but not fully. i want to be fully in one
    No offence taken. Just an idea, hmm I am confused though, if you 'know girl groups', why are you asking advice on how to be in one?

(Original post by Jmzie-Coupe)
    No offence taken. Just an idea, hmm I am confused though, if you 'know girl groups', why are you asking advice on how to be in one?
    i'm more of an attachment onto their group. if you study/studied chemistry, think of the structure of nitrobenzene, they're all the benzene group and i'm the NO2 group. I want to be part of the benzene group but i'm finding it difficult. They're all pretty close already and i'm not fully sure how to be a full member of the group.

I will probably ask them to hang out more, will that even work?

ReputationRep:
    i'm more of an attachment onto their group. if you study/studied chemistry, think of the structure of nitrobenzene, they're all the benzene group and i'm the NO2 group. I want to be part of the benzene group but i'm finding it difficult. They're all pretty close already and i'm not fully sure how to be a full member of the group.

I will probably ask them to hang out more, will that even work?
    It's probably because you spend more time with your boyfriends than them. Girls like to interact very regularly with their fellow girlfriends, you should have more 'girly nights out' blah blah etc.

ReputationRep:
    if you study/studied chemistry, think of the structure of nitrobenzene, they're all the benzene group and i'm the NO2 group. I want to be part of the benzene group but i'm finding it difficult.
    Did you seriously just use chemistry to describe this

ReputationRep:
    All you've got to do is turn into a carbon atom and then...

Oh.

Hmm.

Yeah, just ask them to hang out more.

(Original post by ElMoro)
    Did you seriously just use chemistry to describe this
    it worked well though didn't it?

(Original post by Aurora.)
    All you've got to do is turn into a carbon atom and then...

Oh.

Hmm.

Yeah, just ask them to hang out more.
    Do you mean like asking them to come over and stuff?

but sometimes the conversation gets awkward as we dont know each other that well

ReputationRep:
    Lol

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.