The Student Room Group

Uni problem - too many male friends

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ElMoro
Did you seriously just use chemistry to describe this :biggrin:

That's how you know you're on TSR and not some other forum.
out of interest, what uni is this ?
Reply 22
Original post by Anonymous
Do you mean like asking them to come over and stuff?

but sometimes the conversation gets awkward as we dont know each other that well

I think this is something that will come with time.. at first it might be awkward but the more you hang out you'll get to know each other and get more comfortable.

You could always plan something really girly to get bonding time with them. Maybe have a body shop party or something. http://www.thebodyshop.co.uk/_en/_gb/athome/athome_hostaparty.aspx they're pretty fun and very girly, they get you trying on makeup and stuff together and playing games, and then you could all go out afterwards so hang around in your flat/whatever for pre-drinks. It could be an ice breaker, and could also dispel any thoughts the girls have that you might not be girly.

Just a suggestion lol. Since you're acquaintances you are close enough to invite them to something like that.
The majority of my friends at uni are guys. I like it that way. I don't like girls.
But I am close to some of the girls. JUst start spending more time with them, maybe go to the pub or whatever in small groups of 3 or 4 girls.
If you don't know them that well just ask them out.. cinema, club or night out, pub, shopping, for a meal.... there's loads of stuff you could do :smile:
Last year I wasn't that close to some of the girls I am now but I just spent more time with them doing the stuff I mentioned now I am close to them.
The majority of my friends at uni are guys. I like it that way. I don't like girls.
But I am close to some of the girls. JUst start spending more time with them, maybe go to the pub or whatever in small groups of 3 or 4 girls.
If you don't know them that well just ask them out.. cinema, club or night out, pub, shopping, for a meal.... there's loads of stuff you could do :smile:
Last year I wasn't that close to some of the girls I am now but I just spent more time with them doing the stuff I mentioned now I am close to them.
I'm the other way round - I have more girl mates at uni (I have loads of guy mates back home) and I really miss having the guy interaction when I'm away. When I'm with guys I really feel like I can be myself and not have to conform to the typical girly gossip - I love the banter and I really don't have a care in the world when I'm with them.

Obviously I do get on really well with the girls on my course, and I've really clicked with one of the girls in my flat - but I still miss having a guy to banter with and hug.
Reply 26
Original post by cellophane11

I guess so. i like your ideas but sometimes i wonder if they actually want to do it or if they just dont want to say no lol.
Original post by Anonymous
I guess so. i like your ideas but sometimes i wonder if they actually want to do it or if they just dont want to say no lol.

I see what you mean. You just need some confidence and will get this by hanging out with them more and then they'll become your friends and you will feel more confident around them :smile:
Hate to be stereotypical but the way I got closer to my girly mates at uni is through gossiping and clubbing. To be honest I'd rather be staying in my flat playing beer pong and watching youtube with the guys but you need to put the effort in! :smile:
Reply 29
I'm a guy and I've got too many male friends. :emo:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending