Turn on thread page Beta

Honest opinions on my singing? Part 4 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I've done a quick cover of 'Your Song' with my new mic... and it's been a while since my last singing cover.
    I think it's pretty dodgy... lots of odd notes here and there, but it was a bit of fun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD6h8PYsiEI

If you like it, please tell me below... if you don't like it, pretend you do!! haha
    AJ

ReputationRep:
    How much would I have to pay for you to show up on my doorstep and sing this to me? I think I would melt :p:

ReputationRep:
    You can sing.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Honestly? Nothing special

ReputationRep:
    I think I am a little bit in love with you.

(to clear up, that means you're good)

ReputationRep:
    Pretty good. You had lessons?

ReputationRep:
    Pretty good!

ReputationRep:
    It's not bad at all, but something's not quite right. I don't know if it's your breathing, but despite hitting most of the notes there's something non-melodic about your voice. Keep working at it though!

ReputationRep:
    You've got a good voice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tateco)
    Honestly? Nothing special
    Just curious
    can you sing?

ReputationRep:
    You can hold a tune. But don't worry you don't need talent these days to break into the music industry. :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    Hey I know someone called Ankush

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ankthebank)
    Hi,

I've done a quick cover of 'Your Song' with my new mic... and it's been a while since my last singing cover.
    I think it's pretty dodgy... lots of odd notes here and there, but it was a bit of fun!

If you like it, please tell me below... if you don't like it, pretend you do!! haha
    AJ
    I listen to alot of male singing, your voice is too deep and dry.

ReputationRep:
    its fine!

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

AJ
    Not bad. You've got a while to go before you reach this level, though:

ReputationRep:
    It's good, but I just watched your cover of Stockholm Syndrome and that was better. Jealous of you being good at guitar XD

ReputationRep:
    Wow blown away! I think I'm in love :love:

ReputationRep:
    Not bad at all.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

AJ
    You didn't hit all the notes at first, but it was really great. You definitely have a lot of talent. Do you use Soundcloud at all?
    P.S. The compression you used made it sound a bit muddy. Better editing can make it sound crispier and more vibrant.

ReputationRep:
    I've just commented on it, I thought it was great

I've started to do covers (there's a link to one in my sig called 'Listen to the music'), but I wouldn't be brave enough to film myself recording, so really well done!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.