Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Losing interest at Gym! Help! Watch

ReputationRep:
    I have been a member of my gym for 2 years now. I used to go every day and have a good work out. however for the last few months 2-3 I have been going about 3 times less than I used to. I just need to find a way of motivating myself to go back but what?

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...noD8vwILtO2VdX

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by youngbuck.craig)
    I have been a member of my gym for 2 years now. I used to go every day and have a good work out. however for the last few months 2-3 I have been going about 3 times less than I used to. I just need to find a way of motivating myself to go back but what?

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...noD8vwILtO2VdX
    mate i got the same problem, thinks we need to just man up and pump some iron

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samstoo93)
    mate i got the same problem, thinks we need to just man up and pump some iron
    That would be cool. seriously though I need to do something as I don't want to lose muscle but I am finding it hard to go back and complete more than an hrs. work out before getting bored. I just don't want what I have gained at the gym to disappear seeing as it has taken me 2 years to get where I am now.

ReputationRep:
    Change your programme?
    You're probably better off asking this in the fitness section anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by youngbuck.craig)
    That would be cool. seriously though I need to do something as I don't want to lose muscle but I am finding it hard to go back and complete more than an hrs. work out before getting bored. I just don't want what I have gained at the gym to disappear seeing as it has taken me 2 years to get where I am now.
    Take pre work out drink like NO Xplode or NO Vapour. Get massive pumps when you're in the gym.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Freerider101)
    Take pre work out drink like NO Xplode or NO Vapour. Get massive pumps when you're in the gym.
    What retailers sell these? I used to take protein shake but eventually the taste made me feel sick. but I suppose I might as well give your product a go.

if you're losing motivation you won't succeed

this game you gotta be motivated

ReputationRep:
      do you have a goal? anything at all? mine is to gain and look better and i love gym atm.

ReputationRep:
      Try going gym with your friends as oppose to going on your own, it helps a lot
      I used to gym, but now i really have no desire to go gym because i don't want to be ripped, healthy etc
      I think im just lazy though

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.