Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have I left my revision too late? Watch

ReputationRep:
    My first exam is on January 13th, and I have only just started properly revising, with 3 resits (2 in History, 1 in Biology) and 2 proper A2 exams (Biology and Psychology) I'm here to ask have I left revision too late?

And do I stand a chance of revising enough to get the higher grades in these exams?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Depends on you tbh.

How long beforehand do you usually revise?

But, as long as you learnt it first time around in class.
    Then two weeks of good revision is plenty as you are only revising it after all and not learning it!

ReputationRep:
    well, if you have it is too late to worry about it now

ReputationRep:
    Nope, I'm just starting mine now. In between shopping and watching 2 episodes of Midsomer Murders a day. And I have 5 exams as well.....

ReputationRep:
    ive got 6 exams 3 of them resits and i am only starting today!

ReputationRep:
    No, it's never too later. I had practically given up trying at the end of April 09. I then got my one and only offer for Medicine, two weeks before my first summer exam. There's no doubt that the panic kicked my pitiful arse into shape - and by that I mean revising.

It all worked out in the end and it can for you too. Get on it!

ReputationRep:
    Nahhhh. It's fine, as long as you get off here and start doing some now.

ReputationRep:
    naahhh, cramming is the way forward You've got ages!

ReputationRep:
    It really depends on how you revise. Personally I like to do an hour a day per subject, so I take about 3 weeks. But some people like to do intense revision and finish it off in a few days by studying continuously - too stressful for me tbh. I have known people who have pulled off good grades with both methods, so it depends what has worked for you in the past.

ReputationRep:
    depends on you tbh....
    For some people it is the right time to start rivision.. for some its late...

ReputationRep:
    I only have two exams in Jaunary and I started revising on the 15th...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kasad)
    My first exam is on January 13th, and I have only just started properly revising, with 3 resits (2 in History, 1 in Biology) and 2 proper A2 exams (Biology and Psychology) I'm here to ask have I left revision too late?

And do I stand a chance of revising enough to get the higher grades in these exams?

Thanks
    It'll be fine. A learning experience. Don't repeat this.

By the end of your revision period you need to have all topics at basic level, and some topics perfected.

Here's your plan: Go through each topic and find the topics which you know the least in. For these topics aim to have a good basic understanding of what's going on.
    Now go though the topics and find those which you're good at but not perfect, this is what will get you the good marks. Perfect these areas.

Do as many questions as you can get a hold of. Doing well in exams is almost as much about exam technique as it is about knowledge. Exam technique just takes practice, so do as many questions as possible.

Just remember, don't panic, spend time planning what you will revise. Perfect key areas, cover all topics at basic level. Practice, practice, practice.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    I must apologise for my earlier panic! Seeing all your posts has helped steady my nerves!

I don't think I've ever really properly revised, I just usually cram in the last week or so before exams, which hasn't done me too bad in the past (Got ABBC at AS), however I need AAB this year or else I'm not getting into uni, which to be honest scares me to death!

ReputationRep:
    it's not too late
    or at least i hope not
    i've got 4 exams in january and i only started today
    good luck!!
    you'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    stop posting on TSR
    get revising
    if you get bad results then, yes you did start to late.
    If you get good results, then no it wasnt too late.
    At the end of the day, none of us know how much you need to revise/how naturally smart you are/ how efficient you revise so we don't know

however, we do know that you will do better if you start revising now.

ReputationRep:
    depends on different people, if it was me, then it wud be late but it may different to you
    just start revising now and go through ur spec to fill any missing knowledge

ReputationRep:
    all you need to do is start revising as soon as possible. its better to do some revising than none.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kasad)

Thanks
    well i have 6 exams and i have left it till today and I think as long as you put the effort in you can still catch up!!

goodluck!

ReputationRep:
    A couple of days is enough if you revise solidly, there isn't actually much content on an A level module.

ReputationRep:
    The best thing is, I started revising and learning material really early on. Now, I feel I do not need to go all out on the revision, as it is just simple recap of material that I mostly know.
    Tip is, revise as soon as possible.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.