Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Advert at top of page for Welsh Uni....looks like an obesity awareness poster. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Have we really got to the stage in this country whereby if a group of randomers are chosen for a Uni advert...they all turn out to be morbidly obese? Or is it a Uni for chubsters. This is a sad sad situation.

ReputationRep:
    Link? I can't see the advert

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Billydodger)
    Have we really got to the stage in this country whereby if a group of randomers are chosen for a Uni advert...they all turn out to be morbidly obese? Or is it a Uni for chubsters. This is a sad sad situation.
    Hahaha it's true!

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't brave enough to make a thread about this, but I did notice that they all seemed rather overweight, I'm not saying this is terrible, but it seems like they did it on purpose to show that they aren't just going to put beautiful healthy people as adverts for their uni.
    If it wasn't a publicity thing then I don't think I've got a big problem with it.

ReputationRep:
    When you actually look close up it's not as bad as the thumbnail makes you think, in fact I'd say only one of them was overweight. Nick's really thin!

ReputationRep:
    There's one very obviously overweight person on it, out of seven. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Any university that has to advertise itself to students, let's be honest, is not worth going to. Especially if they can't pay to get good looking models for their adverts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liam_G)
    Link? I can't see the advert
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liam 09)
    LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    Any university that has to advertise itself to students, let's be honest, is not worth going to. Especially if they can't pay to get good looking models for their adverts.
    Like Aberdeen?

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha! That is indeed the first thought that went through my head

ReputationRep:
    hahahahahah i lol'd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beska)
    LOL
    looooooooooooooooooooool

(Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
      This. But mainly the first bit. :p:

OP: LOL.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Liam 09)
      Oh yeah! I remember seeing that, thanks.

They are rather spherical....

ReputationRep:
      Erica is a total Bear.

ReputationRep:
      I find it disturbing that they're implying that at other universities people call me by my number. I'm sure I will continue to have a name regardless of what I do, but thank you, university, for suggesting that the rest of us live on the set of "The Prisoner".

ReputationRep:
      Only Erica seems to have a weight problem?
      The other two girls are chubby.
      I would have said Medyr is the ideal size for a bloke.

"It's obesity gone mad!" :eek3:

ReputationRep:
      :toofunny:

I think it's fair to say they're not the BSc Health & Exercise students. :lol:

Submit reply
      TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 31, 2010
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
      Useful resources
      AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.