Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls on the pill Watch

Announcements

Am i right in this view, that a girl on the pill who does not have a BF is a slut? I think its a pretty valid view.

ReputationRep:
    What about girls who are on it for non-contraceptive reasons? To sort their skin out or regulate their periods?

ReputationRep:
    I took the red pill because I wanted to see how deep her rabbit hole goes :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quail)
    What about girls who are on it for non-contraceptive reasons? To sort their skin out or regulate their periods?
    This basically. Also, it's better than getting pregnant if you don't want to be. AND I don't think people who have casual sex are sluts, if they aren't hurting anyone what's the problem. But I'm guessing I'm just feeding a troll here lol.

ReputationRep:
    The pill isnt always just used for contraceptive reasons, plus it can take a while for girls to get used to taking it so they might take it with the plan of getting a relationship but just want to be used to it first or they might have come out of a relationship and not come off of them.

ReputationRep:
    In some cases the pill is needed as a medical purposes rather then for contraception purposes.

ReputationRep:
    IMO not wanting to get pregnant doesn't make you a slut. Also, as above, it's not just for that purpose.

Well obviously for other medical reasons it clearly doesn't make someone a slut...
    But come on, if i was interested in a girl, and i saw they had the pill i would immediately be put off. Personally i think casual sex is wrong, but i know im the odd one out in this generation.

ReputationRep:
    No, using contraception makes you less of a slut...

ReputationRep:
    Nope. It's not always take as a contraceptive.
    What if someone just wants to be sure they don't get pregnant, or expects to have a relationship soon?
    Even if not, as long s it doesn't hurt anybody, why do you care?

ReputationRep:
    Great- we finally got the Right to take the pill and now it's still restricted...
    Sort yourself out!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Well obviously for other medical reasons it clearly doesn't make someone a slut...
    But come on, if i was interested in a girl, and i saw they had the pill i would immediately be put off. Personally i think casual sex is wrong, but i know im the odd one out in this generation.
    Surely a good thing? My friend is on the pill and yes she likes casual sex, but at least it shows she's extra careful about protecting herself from unwanted pregnancy (she uses condoms too to help prevent STDs).

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm:
    Being on the pill does not mean that a girl is having sex. Even if she is, what is it to you. It's not like she's going to be having sex with you.

ReputationRep:
    What kind of stupid post is this? Yes I started the pill because I was going out with my boyfriend. We broke up, I stopped taking it for a few months because I felt that I didn't need it, but now I'm back on it again because my periods are 10x heavier and painful if I don't take the pill. Please stop coming up with such nonsense ideas. Also, a slut wouldn't care if they got pregnant or not so most likely wouldn't use it.

ReputationRep:
    Lol. That's the funniest assumption I've heard.

ReputationRep:
    Oh ****ing dear.

ReputationRep:
    Also, the doctors tell you to not stop with it the moment you end a relationship, because it's also good for preventing *something something*-cancer, it keeps you in control of when your periods are, it reduces cramps, it clears skin, and you never know when you get a new boyfriend. It's not good to start and stop and start and stop.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I don't see why safe sex should put you of? She is making a sacrafice so you don't need to wear a condom, and it shows she is responsible and is safe.
    I highly doubt that if you get a girl on the pill, you would walk away. You'd be more likely to be happy.

ReputationRep:
    Personally I don't agree with calling women sluts, because guys who do the same don't get the same abuse.

But anyway you're probably religious so /thread

(Original post by Katq)
    I don't see why safe sex should put you of? She is making a sacrafice so you don't need to wear a condom, and it shows she is responsible and is safe.
    I highly doubt that if you get a girl on the pill, you would walk away. You'd be more likely to be happy.
    How does it stop the guy wearing a condom? I think its helping spread STD's because people think like this.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.