Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can I take my own shampoos in my luggage when flying?? watch

I've heard so many different things about carrying liquids and razor blades,
    Just wondering if I bought something like this:
    http://www.boots.com/en/Boots-Mini-Travel-Set_40819/
    would it be worth filling them up with my own shampoos instead of buying more when I travel abroad??

Also, what's the deal with taking razorblades??

/idiocity

ReputationRep:
    Razor blades are sharp.
    I think you can take shampoo's. Depends on your airline.
    Where are you going?

I know razorblades are sharp... :facepalm:
    I'm flying from Bristol to the canary islands with Thomson...

???

ReputationRep:
    Getting through security you can't take any liquid that is in a container of larger than 100ml. All liquids also need to be in a clear plastic bag (which you can get at the airport).

So yes you can take shampoo, razors no... well yesterday flying back to London I had my tweezers confiscated so I'm assuming the same would happen to a razor.

But you'll probably be able to get razors wherever you're travelling to and if you're staying at a hotel almost all of them will give you free shampoo and conditioner.

ReputationRep:
    It depends where you carry them.
    In your hand luggage, you should be able to use the ones you've posted to the link to, as long as each container is under 100ml (I can't really tell from the pic!). But yeah you could do that. Or if you needed more, you can store any volume of liquids in your hold luggage (main suitcase). I'd wrap it up in a plastic bag or whatever though, just in case it leaks. Shampoo covered clothes aren't the best thing on holiday.
    As for razor blades, definitely a no for in your hand luggage but if you're taking hold luggage then I'm pretty sure it's okay to have them in there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roxannabelle)
    I've heard so many different things about carrying liquids and razor blades,
    Just wondering if I bought something like this:
    http://www.boots.com/en/Boots-Mini-Travel-Set_40819/
    would it be worth filling them up with my own shampoos instead of buying more when I travel abroad??

Also, what's the deal with taking razorblades??

/idiocity
    (Original post by (:emily.)
    In your hand luggage, you should be able to use the ones you've posted to the link to, as long as each container is under 100ml (I can't really tell from the pic!). But yeah you could do that. Or if you needed more, you can store any volume of liquids in your hold luggage (main suitcase). I'd wrap it up in a plastic bag or whatever though, just in case it leaks. Shampoo covered clothes aren't the best thing on holiday.
    As for razor blades, definitely a no for in your hand luggage but if you're taking hold luggage then I'm pretty sure it's okay to have them in there.

Where are you going?
    Basically what emily has said...

You can take stuff in your hand luggage if its under 100ml that includes stuff like lipstick! I would take as little as possible in your hand luggage, just think will you really need that mascara or lipstick on the plane?
    You can't take razors in your hand luggage as they could be used as a weapon.
    You can take shampoo and razors in your suitcase which you check in though or atleast I could when I went to New York back in April and I don't think the rules have changed.
    http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAn...avel/index.htm
    xx
    Look on here as it gives you good info on what you can and cant take.

(Original post by (:emily.)
    Very helpful!!
    Well the mini-travel set is 26ml :s which is just not enough for my hair :rolleyes:
    Yeah, all shampoos and razors are going in the main luggage.. I cant go a week without shaving As amazing as it would be...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 30, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.