Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Im relly stuck on my eu law!

ReputationRep:
    Look at the powers of the EU

What are they and where do they start and how they bind member states

Then look into Journals for criticisms as to how the EU maybe considered as democratic entity, some will go far as to say its becoming like the United States and soon we will have a United Europe, basically your looking for criticism against EU but you have to make sure it links in with your essay, for this you need to look at journals for criticism

Make a plan as to how you will write your essay, what points will you include and see if you can email it to a tutor who may be willing to give you quick feedback as to whether you are on the right track or not

Just my two cents, I could be wrong though, but thats what I made of it.

ReputationRep:
    Google democratic deficit

Think I may have done a detailed post on this awhile ago you might want to search for, don't remember all that much about it now

Basically, a lot of EU institutions are only indirectly and not directly accountable, though in reality this is how most governments (including the UK gvt.) operate.

There are a good few pages on this in Craig and De Burca's textbook

ReputationRep:
    It's a de jure democracy, but a de facto terribleocracy, because there is a big discrepancy between the people at what actually goes on in the EU parliament, because, among other things, no one votes for these elections in most countries.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.