Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Quick question about starting some exercise. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Okay I had a day of some exercise, just push ups and sit ups...discovered I can't lift my own body weight haha! But anyway, today...I ACHE like a *****!! Do I continue exercise even though it's even more of a struggle with the pain or do you wait until it subsides and go again??

Me and my brother have been challenged by our older, much fitter and stronger brother to get fit for next Christmas We are not fat....we just have nothing to us at all!

you can train through it pussy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by commandant)
    you can train through it puss[COLOR="DarkOrange"]y[/COLOR]
    basically

also DOMS follows the rule of diminishing returns

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhinger)
    Nonoonnonno you're getting the aching 'cos I'm assuming you've just worked out after a long period. Go at it again and after a few days it'll just be gone.
    Haha okay I will...I'm being a wuss I guess! Just feels like I have been snapped in half! haha it was so funny doing our "training", when we did sit ups my older bro was hitting my younger bro in the stomach screaming "ONE MORE ONE MORE" and he didn't want to hit me because I'm a girl....hit me damn it! haha I think that's why it hurts so much We had the Rocky 4 training montage on. It was GREAT!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by commandant)
    you can train through it pussy
    Hahahaha! I will, I will!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    basically

also DOMS follows the rule of diminishing returns
    Okay, had to google that and it says muscle damage! I do feel broken

We did another exercise but I don't know what it's called, where you lie on the ground as if you were doing crunches but you raise you left leg toward you and reach with the right arm and so on...what is that?

ReputationRep:
    Having a protein shake after your workout stops or substantially reduces the aching the next morning, I find.

Try that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhinger)
    That sounds so wrong

Turn some music on, it will help, along with Rocky 4!
    Hahahahaha!

We had the Training montage music on haha that was enough!

ReputationRep:
    Train through the pain. After a few more sessions it will stop.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Procrastinator)
    Okay, had to google that and it says muscle damage! I do feel broken

We did another exercise but I don't know what it's called, where you lie on the ground as if you were doing crunches but you raise you left leg toward you and reach with the right arm and so on...what is that?
    I don't know, I don't do body weight exercises on the floor, the only body weight exercises worth it are pull ups, chin ups and dips tbh

(Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    Having a protein shake after your workout stops or substantially reduces the aching the next morning, I find.

Try that.
    Hardly, its just that the more you gym the more your body gets used to it, I used to ache like a mother****er the first month or so of going to the gym, now I never really ache

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    I don't know, I don't do body weight exercises on the floor, the only body weight exercises worth it are pull ups, chin ups and dips tbh

Hardly, its just that the more you gym the more your body gets used to it, I used to ache like a mother****er the first month or so of going to the gym, now I never really ache
    I'm such a rookie...I though chin ups were pulls up and vice versa. I can't even do one press up ffs I'm not at a gym either, just trying stuff out at home and see if I get addicted to exercise. I would love to be addicted, just need to push myself to get over the difficult stage

ReputationRep:
    I need to get a jump rope.

ReputationRep:
    Pull ups are wide grip, generally overhand, great for your lats, chin ups are close grip, underhand, and when weighted are probably the best exercise for absolutely smashing your biceps

ReputationRep:
    Okay the pain is still there, lower abdo....arghh!! It wont go, can't exercise properly!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 5, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.