Turn on thread page Beta

Gymnastics watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody else here do gymnastcs? What do people think of the sport anyways. I personally think kids are pushed far too early.
    No-one probly even cares lol, but im bored.

ReputationRep:
    I think that, like most sports, its a bit silly.

ReputationRep:
    i love sports, tennis anyway... Just had a public biolody a2 exams and it's over now and...and i'm so happy No more stress.

ReputationRep:
    No no its not a silly sport, its just kids who are like 5 are pushed into hours of training and back flips and splits and stuff, i think that is wrong. i love the sport though. Its just too competitive i think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waiting2smile)
    i love sports, tennis anyway... Just had a public biolody a2 exams and it's over now and...and i'm so happy No more stress.
    My friends just done that exam, was it ok? shes very stressed about it! I love sports too, theyre great lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kita)
    No no its not a silly sport, its just kids who are like 5 are pushed into hours of training and back flips and splits and stuff, i think that is wrong. i love the sport though. Its just too competitive i think.
    Meh, pushy parents. They're everywhere, be it music (a friend of mine was forced to practice the piano for 5 hours a day when she was 6), academia or sports.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kita)

who are those kids you r talking about !??

(mis.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kita)
    My friends just done that exam, was it ok? shes very stressed about it! I love sports too, theyre great lol
    well if she was doing the ocr central concepts paper i would generally say it was: horrible...nothing on genetics came up...everyone...and i really mean everyone was annoyed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superior)
    who are those kids you r talking about !??

(mis.)
    just kids in general, ie children who are pushed into doing gymnastics or ne other sport at a very early age, i think its wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    Meh, pushy parents. They're everywhere, be it music (a friend of mine was forced to practice the piano for 5 hours a day when she was 6), academia or sports.
    5 hours a day of piano!? That would seriously drive me insane!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kita)
    5 hours a day of piano!? That would seriously drive me insane!!
    well that's unfortunately how you get to the top... one of the famous pianists practised 8 hours a day! and I know that the Bond Girls (that string quartet who are quite fit) practice for 6/day...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kita)
    Does anybody else here do gymnastcs? What do people think of the sport anyways. I personally think kids are pushed far too early.
    No-one probly even cares lol, but im bored.
    yes i've doen a little gymnastics, but I wasn't one of those who started from an early age. My kung fu teacher is also a qualified gymnastics coach, and he got us doing some gymnastics on the side, so it would help us out with our routines. It is SERIOUSLY tough, although if you train consistently using the right method, you will be able to do back flips, somersaults, etc. it's all about the amount of training you put into it.

i have a lot of respect for gymnasts - they really have to work on training every part of the body, as well as having incredible flexibility, strength and coordination.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.