Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

One night stands and condoms Watch

ReputationRep:
    Before I go any further, this is not a thread to lecture me about how wrong you may think one night stands are. Take that debate elsewhere please.

This is directed at people who have had one night stands before or who plan on having one if the opportunity came up.

If you've just met someone at a party or in a club, and go and have sex, condoms are the most obvious method of protection.

Girls - have you/would you always make the guy wear a condom? Or would you risk it and go for the morning after pill? Or are you always/mostly on the normal pill anyway so it doesn't matter? Or would you just risk it entirely?

Guys - have you/would you think about putting on a condom? would you obey the girl's wishes if she wanted one? if she was one the pill or agreed to take the morning after pill, would you bother with a condom?

You're both drunk or tipsy too so has this/would this affect your decisions?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Don't be a fool, wrap your tool.

I'm not trusting a girl I barely know to remember to take the pill. Nor am I going to trust her when she says she's clean.

ReputationRep:
    You don't want this to happen do you?

http://coloradoright.files.wordpress...uglybaby03.jpg

ReputationRep:
    I'd always insist he wore a condom. Doesn't tend to be an issue, tbh, most guys will have one with them. I don't usually carry them with me, but unless I know them they'll probably be coming back to mine anyway. If for some bizarre reason he refused to wear one I'd show him the door, no matter how drunk I was. Wouldn't want to sleep with someone who's gonna be a **** about it anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Who the **** wouldn't use a condom on a one night stand? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a fan of STDs really, so I'd wear one.

ReputationRep:
    WTF?!? I'd always wear a condom!

Getting a girl pregnant would **** my life up... I don't think people realise what they're messing around with sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robotwars)
    Before I go any further, this is not a thread to lecture me about how wrong you may think one night stands are. Take that debate elsewhere please.

This is directed at people who have had one night stands before or who plan on having one if the opportunity came up.

If you've just met someone at a party or in a club, and go and have sex, condoms are the most obvious method of protection.

Girls - have you/would you always make the guy wear a condom? Or would you risk it and go for the morning after pill? Or are you always/mostly on the normal pill anyway so it doesn't matter? Or would you just risk it entirely?

Guys - have you/would you think about putting on a condom? would you obey the girl's wishes if she wanted one? if she was one the pill or agreed to take the morning after pill, would you bother with a condom?

You're both drunk or tipsy too so has this/would this affect your decisions?

Thanks.
    no glove no love
    wrap it before you tap it
    don't be silly, protect your Willie .... that ones cute hehe

i wouldnt let a lad near me if he didnt have protection no matter how drunk i was..... id rather be pissed off and horny then pregnant, and if he got *****y about it id tell him to **** off

ReputationRep:
    obviously use a condom... like if they're happily having one night stand's with whoevers about then you never know what extra presents she (or he) might be hiding

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jmzie-Coupe)

the kid in 30 years time

http://www.topnews.in/sports/files/i...s-Becker11.jpg

on topic: I should've never listened to "Look What the Cat Dragged In" before going to Poland............

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vohamanah)
    I'd always insist he wore a condom. Doesn't tend to be an issue, tbh, most guys will have one with them. I don't usually carry them with me, but unless I know them they'll probably be coming back to mine anyway. If for some bizarre reason he refused to wear one I'd show him the door, no matter how drunk I was. Wouldn't want to sleep with someone who's gonna be a **** about it anyway.
    you take him back to yours and you expect him to be carrying one?

what if you took him back to yours and he wasn't carrying one? what would you do then?

fair enough all of you saying you should wear a condom. sex with a condom is truly awful though. it takes away the pleasure for both the guy and girl.

ReputationRep:
    sex with a condom is truly awful though. it takes away the pleasure for both the guy and girl.

pretty sure sex with a condom would be better than sex with sore, STD infected genitals.

A ginger baby?

ReputationRep:
      i don't want herpes, so even if i was on the pill/implant etc. i would still wear a condom.

ReputationRep:
      you take him back to yours and you expect him to be carrying one?

what if you took him back to yours and he wasn't carrying one? what would you do then?

fair enough all of you saying you should wear a condom. sex with a condom is truly awful though. it takes away the pleasure for both the guy and girl.
      No, I have condoms at home, obviously =/

Babies are a bigger moodkiller, tbf.

ReputationRep:
      Wrap your willy, you dont want dah aidz.
      • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
      I have a coil so the pregnancy thing is not a problem for me, but I'd make the guy wear a condom because STDs don't sound fun!

When I was single I always had condoms in my room.

ReputationRep:

Are we talking about having a ginger baby? :eek:

ReputationRep:
      Yes, I would use one. You have no idea who the person has slept with, or whether they're responsible to take the pill. Why risk it?

ReputationRep:
      Im on the pill anyway, but I would always make the guy wear a condom - you can't guarantee that he won't have something else nasty that the pill doesn't take care of. This applies no matter how drunk/tipsy I would be.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 4, 2011
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.