Todays Exam - AQA CPT4 Watch

This discussion is closed.
watford110
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Just had my A2 cpt4 aqa exam.

To n e 1 else who has done it, how did u find it?
Streetwize
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i took it, it was pretty cool i guess. the only question that messed me up was that class question! we have not learnt how to create classes. lol

i should of known it would come up

the rest was alright. another hard question was the assembly language question too.
watford110
Rep:
?
(Original post by Streetwize)
i took it, it was pretty cool i guess. the only question that messed me up was that class question! we have not learnt how to create classes. lol

i should of known it would come up

the rest was alright. another hard question was the assembly language question too.

my eyes lit up when i saw the class question. we have covered it fairly well so i am confident i got that right, although i may have put an extra end at the end.

we have also covered assembly language but it was still difficult. i gave it a good go. everything else seemed aright.
maljosh
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
i'm pretty sure i'll get around over 50-58 marks. The 3rd question was terrible for me... i couldn't understand what the hell did they want from me... to find the data cells, what? And all those nusty looking hexa!!! AGHHH!!!

I was so happy to see that class question... i was lucky i learned all the procedure... it was easy all you had to do was:

member=class
procedure(AddMembers)
procedure(AmendMembers)
procedure(DisplayMembers)
private
Surname: String
Name : String
TelephoneNO: String
Whatever(can't remember what it was): Integer
end

What a dissapoitment it was only for 4 marks...

Guys, what did you get for the floating point question? I got eh, -36.5 or -39.5 can't remember now...

Recursive algorithm was good... 9 marks, hehe, it was so easy, we had identical question on specimen paper, i'm glad i've revised that one..

It wasn't too bad i guess, considering i guessed like 60-70% of the paper, it could have been a lot worse.. i know many people will dissagree and say it was difficult.... anyways, we've done it..

LET'S PARTY NOW!!!!!!!!
mrmarsupial
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Would u get the mark if u put TEXT instead of string, I forgot what it was called.

I didnt answer the assembly code one either.

What other questions and answers do you all remember?
watford110
Rep:
?
(Original post by maljosh)
i'm pretty sure i'll get around over 50-58 marks. The 3rd question was terrible for me... i couldn't understand what the hell did they want from me... to find the data cells, what? And all those nusty looking hexa!!! AGHHH!!!

I was so happy to see that class question... i was lucky i learned all the procedure... it was easy all you had to do was:

member=class
procedure(AddMembers)
procedure(AmendMembers)
procedure(DisplayMembers)
private
Surname: String
Name : String
TelephoneNO: String
Whatever(can't remember what it was): Integer
end

What a dissapoitment it was only for 4 marks...

Guys, what did you get for the floating point question? I got eh, -36.5 or -39.5 can't remember now...

Recursive algorithm was good... 9 marks, hehe, it was so easy, we had identical question on specimen paper, i'm glad i've revised that one..

It wasn't too bad i guess, considering i guessed like 60-70% of the paper, it could have been a lot worse.. i know many people will dissagree and say it was difficult.... anyways, we've done it..

LET'S PARTY NOW!!!!!!!!

maljosh,

i got the same answer's to u with regards to floating point and the class question. The data cells question was easy i thought but i was suprised it was only worth 1 mark. i got 512 for that one (can ne1 verify that for me).

the assembly lang question was a *****! and it was seven marks. i gave it a good go though so i might pick up 3 or 4 marks.
mrmarsupial
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yes I got 512 too was one of them - the other +1

cept I got -55.XXX for the floating point question
watford110
Rep:
?
(Original post by mrmarsupial)
Yes I got 512 too was one of them - the other +1

cept I got -55.XXX for the floating point question

for the recursive algorithm, did u/ne1 get that it was a binary search as the values were halved each time.
mrmarsupial
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
duh I am dumb lol thats what it was yea I couldnt think so I put it was a check digit kinda prog lol
maljosh
Report 15 years ago
i don't think they'll give you marks for text.

As for cells question i still don't know what it was about. Can some1 explain it? Just curious....

Assemble question was quit easy, but the way they labled it gave me so trouble. I still don't know what lable field was for, i put while there..hehe

And all looked like:
label: while next to cmp

upcode ---operand ----comments
LD X, ---- #0 ------------- loads 0 into
CMP X, -- #999 ------------cmp value in reg with X
BEQ ------Exit ------------exits if bla bla bla
JMP ------While -----------Loop
Exit ----- -----------------exit bla bla

That's the way i've done..or it looked something like that... well i think i'll get at least 5/7 marks... won't i?
Memento
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by watford110)
for the recursive algorithm, did u/ne1 get that it was a binary search as the values were halved each time.
It actually converted the binary number into decimal, as the end result was 53 which was the original number.
maljosh
Report 15 years ago
mrmarsupial, did you twos complemnt the mantissa? Coz i think you should have done.. to get the value we got, it was in twos complement, wasn't it?
maljosh
Report 15 years ago
i thought it converted the value into binary... have you noticed that an output in binary was equal to 53, the number we had at the beginning...

32 16 8 4 2 1
1 1 0 1 0 1 = 53

By the way, what denary value did you get in question 1 part 2. The one about an unsigned binary no or something... i got -13 something.... big fraction.....
mrmarsupial
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
the v first one was something like

1011 0111 0110

and it said something about the decimal thing having 4 bits FOR THE V 1st question

I worked it out as -55.XXX whatever those last 2 are
maljosh
Report 15 years ago
what exactly did you do? i move the dec point to the right 4 places and got -13.xxxxx
Joey_Johns
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Lol. All your comments make me remeber to exactly a year ago, some of the knowledge is coming back but most still evades me...

I got 77/90 I think for that paper. If I took it today god knows what i'd get lol.
maljosh
Report 15 years ago
last paper was easier than the one we had this year...
Uncle Albert
Report 15 years ago
Sat this paper today - definately harder than the past papers I've looked at, oh well. Right...

Floating point answer was -36.5, as you do use two's complement to get -37 and then you add on the 0.5.

When defining the class, I stupidly put the data type for those properties as Text instead of string (thinking of databases). I'd be most surprised if the mark scheme doesn't accept text, though.

For the Assembly question, the table layout initially had me stumped, but once I thought through what I actually had to put, realising I needed to use a couple of labels for lines such as JEQ Here, for example, made me realise what the label column was for!

The floppy disk controller question was horrible...for the code DD00, for example, I knew D was 13 in denary, so I put 131300 as my answer...not very confident at all on that one.

Rest of paper went well...be disappointed if it's not in the 55-60 region...have to get an A!!!
mrmarsupial
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
WHat the hell is 2s compliment I thought it was just the first 8 binary digits for the integer and the last 4 for the fraction?????? Whats that I did then?
Joey_Johns
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by maljosh)
last paper was easier than the one we had this year...
I didnt take the last paper, I took the jan 03 paper. Although if I remember rightly it was quite easy.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (57)
19.39%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (119)
40.48%
Nope, not that interesting (118)
40.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise