The Student Room Group

Which are the best Coco Pops Variant?

Hey guys. I was eating a bowl of Kellogg's Coco Pops Choc n' Roll and realised I absolutely adore all of the Coco Pops range. But which ones are YOUR favourite? You can choose from:

Coco Pops
The original chocolate toasted rice variety!

Coco Pops Coco Rocks
Two different types of chocolate flavoured "rock", one solid like Nesquik cereal, one hollow, filled with a soft chocolate filling.

Coco Pops Mega Munchers
Very crunchy chocolate flavoured 'crisp' curls.

Coco Pops Choc n' Roll
Chocolate flavoured wholegrain wheel shapes.

Coco Pops Moons and Stars
Chocolate hazelnut flavoured moon and star shapes.

Coco Pops Creations
(Now discontinued) Four mixable tubes, containing four of the aforementioned varieties to mix as you please!

Coco Pops Straws
(Now discontinued) Long biscuity cereal straws filled with chocolate; drink a glass of milk through them, and the milk would go chocolatey as you drank, then eat the straw before it went soggy!

Which one is YOUR favourite?

Scroll to see replies

I like the rocks, especially 'hollow, filled with a soft chocolate filling.' The originals go soggy too quickly for my liking.

Haven't tried the mega munchers, choc n' roll or moons and stars though. Mega Munchers look nice.
Reply 2
the original coco - pops, can't beat them.
Reply 3
Never ever ever thought i'd see a thread like this. Oh you know people have too much time when they ponder about cereal.
Reply 4
Original post by grth
Never ever ever thought i'd see a thread like this. Oh you know people have too much time when they ponder about cereal.

i've got a feeling it's course-related questioning, so like for coursework or something.

otherwise, yes they have way too much time on their hands!
Reply 5
Original post by Sheo
i've got a feeling it's course-related questioning, so like for coursework or something.

otherwise, yes they have way too much time on their hands!

Haha why am I not doing that course? :awesome:
Reply 6
I just recall there's also a few other coco pops variants we've had that I omitted;

Coco Pops Crunchers (now discontinued)
Small "clusters" of original Coco Pops bound in chocolate (in the above picture, you can see they look like little bunches of Coco Pop "grapes" in the red section). The tagline was, "Coco Pops Crunchers, can you handle the crunch?"

Coco Pops Jumbos (now discontinued)
Basically the Kellogg's equivalent of "Nesquik Cereal".

Coco Pops Caramel (now discontinued)
They appeared for like, a weekend, then disappeared without a trace; Original Coco Pops but with a caramel-chocolate taste.

Coco Pops Choc Os (brand new product)
Basically, the Kellogg's version of Weetabix "Weetos".

Regardless, I hope we can all agree that nobody's favourite was when they decided THIS was a good idea:

Choco Krispies
Original Coco Pops in all but the name, "Choco Krispies" was a marketing stunt (probably) which totally ruined your ability to sing the catchy jingle, "We'd rather have a bowl of Co-Co-Pops!"
(edited 13 years ago)
My name is Coco so I get questions about this a lot. You can't beat the original.
The original ones. There's a reason they've stood the test of time... :moon:
Reply 9
Coco Rocks, but just a bowl of the rocks. Nom nom.
Reply 10
strong viral marketing
Regular is favey.
Coco Rocks.

They...rock :tumble:
Coco Rocks.

I like the ones with chocolate in the middle, and the ''normal'' ones are exactly like Nesquik cereal. Win win :smile:
Reply 14
Coco Rocks.

Love the soft chocolate filled ones :biggrin:
Reply 15
classic coco pops win every time :smile: :smile: :smile:
Reply 16
The normal coco pops are the best =]
Reply 17
Timmy says Rocks of course :acaila::acaila::acaila:
Reply 18
Rabbit droppings.
Reply 19