The Student Room Group

TSR Horse Owners' Society Thread!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ~*Horse_Mad*~
It's the same when Riding in the lanes, people driving Cars around like they're on a racetrack - the amount of times my Horses and I have almost been hit by such drivers is uncountable!! :mad: But I think a lot of it is ignorance, people just don't understand Horses because they believe they have no need to - though it would be useful for everyone to have a basic knowledge of Horses so as to save instances like what happened to your Horse and my Pony, as well as to prevent horrendous road accidents :smile:

Anyways, speech over :redface: Well Done!! Best way to avoid that annoying achy feeling is to practice :tongue: Though a hot bath after Riding always helps prevent it hurting so much the following day!!
I do a lot of bareback Riding so I'm used to Riding without a Saddle, fortunately!! :smile:

i'd rather ride bareback than with a saddle any day!! :P
I miss my ponies :frown:
Hey guys!
Please could you horsey lot vote for me in this competition?
http://offerpop.com/FacebookContestEntry.psp?c=127776&u=33986&a=254553244581393&p=116601751749560&rest=0&id=378686&rest2=0

It would mean a huge amount to me!
Thank you
:biggrin: PONIES RULE! Any fellow Welshie owners/lovers out there? :biggrin:
I'm a proud owner of a lovely slightly crazy 14.2hh Section D gelding!xx
Reply 224
Original post by NothingTraLaLa
:biggrin: PONIES RULE! Any fellow Welshie owners/lovers out there? :biggrin:
I'm a proud owner of a lovely slightly crazy 14.2hh Section D gelding!xx

Just bought back my old section D! She's 14.1 and an absolute nutter :') So looking forward to when she arrives! Not the most sensible thing to do before going to uni, but I guess I'll have to figure out what to do with her over summer. Decisions, decisions...
Reply 225
Hey,

need some help from you :redface: . I'm moving to University in Dundee (from Germany) with my horse and I need a UK insurance for him( for example if he breaks anything, do`'t know how it is called :colondollar:). Any tips? Btw he is 24 years old. I might remeber that someone told me that there are some special conditions for "old" horses at some companies? :confused:
Reply 226
Original post by German_Saskia
Hey,

need some help from you :redface: . I'm moving to University in Dundee (from Germany) with my horse and I need a UK insurance for him( for example if he breaks anything, do`'t know how it is called :colondollar:). Any tips? Btw he is 24 years old. I might remeber that someone told me that there are some special conditions for "old" horses at some companies? :confused:

Hi - I just insured my 17 year old with the NFU. There is a few good ones so just have a Look at some insurance quote websites? I did find cheaper quotes but I've dealt with them before so I know they're reliable. As for conditions, a common one is that veterans are only insured for death by external injury. Don't know what else, but I wish you the best of luck :smile:
Reply 227
Original post by RDavies93
Hi - I just insured my 17 year old with the NFU. There is a few good ones so just have a Look at some insurance quote websites? I did find cheaper quotes but I've dealt with them before so I know they're reliable. As for conditions, a common one is that veterans are only insured for death by external injury. Don't know what else, but I wish you the best of luck :smile:

Ok thanks. If I got it right from Google the one i meant was a third-party insurance (if hes brakes something). NFU was the one I was most interested in. :biggrin:
Hey,

Hi!! Check out Petplan :smile: I insure my Horses with them and they're pretty good - I'm not sure about their Vetran policies though...
I think you're looking for 'third party' insurance - that should be cheaper than getting fully comp on any Horse anyway :smile: Good Luck!!
(p.s. We used to have our old Horses with E & L Insurance, and they weren't very good. Not sure what they're like now but we wouldn't insure with them again!!)
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 229
Hi!! Check out Petplan :smile: I insure my Horses with them and they're pretty good - I'm not sure about their Vetran policies though...
I think you're looking for 'third party' insurance - that should be cheaper than getting fully comp on any Horse anyway :smile: Good Luck!!
(p.s. We used to have our old Horses with E & L Insurance, and they weren't very good. Not sure what they're like now but we wouldn't insure with them again!!)

I'll check that. Thanks for your advice. Found KBIS. Any experiences??

Range between NFU, KBIS and Petplan already. :dontknow:

I'm sure I've heard of KBIS before, but I'm afraid I couldn't tell you a thing about them sorri :tongue: lol. Obviously it's worth shopping around before making a final decision, so Good Luck!! :smile:
Reply 231

KBiS are good apparently. Friend has her horse insured with them and she has nothing bad to say about them. I agree with the the above, avoid e&l.
Reply 232
I'm sure I've heard of KBIS before, but I'm afraid I couldn't tell you a thing about them sorri :tongue: lol. Obviously it's worth shopping around before making a final decision, so Good Luck!! :smile:

Original post by RDavies93
KBiS are good apparently. Friend has her horse insured with them and she has nothing bad to say about them. I agree with the the above, avoid e&l.

Thanks. I'll take some quotes from the three insurances to take a desicion. :smile:
Reply 233
Hey I'm 15 , I really want to get recognised and some wear in riding as it is the only sport I can do , but how would I get a place on a team or anything , please be serious and no stupid answers as I want to make it a career or so

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I've not owned my own for about 4 years now just loaned whenever I've been off work, I'm starting uni in sept and hoping to join the equine society there, has anyone got got any advice or know what sort of level of commitment is needed, ie how many days a week? I need to juggle it round uni, 2 children etc :smile:

Helloo :tongue: am I allowed in even if I don't have a horse? :redface: very jealous of all of you lot btw :frown::tongue:
hi, im new here & saw this thread, unfortunately im not studying anything equine but i did own a horse, welsh bay cob called Teifi! had to sell her yesterday due to coming to university :frown: she was an amazing horse who started of with a few problems and a habit of biting, rearing, kicking and taking off! (my first horse from 8 years of boring riding school horses) after 3 and a half years with her she is so perfect and wouldnt change how she started for the world, created such a bond! just wanted to share my love for her! miss and love you teifi<3 <3
Original post by aimee-louise
hi, im new here & saw this thread, unfortunately im not studying anything equine but i did own a horse, welsh bay cob called Teifi! had to sell her yesterday due to coming to university :frown: she was an amazing horse who started of with a few problems and a habit of biting, rearing, kicking and taking off! (my first horse from 8 years of boring riding school horses) after 3 and a half years with her she is so perfect and wouldnt change how she started for the world, created such a bond! just wanted to share my love for her! miss and love you teifi<3 <3

She's beautiful ^.^ My riding school's foal is here :biggrin: He's gorge, pics soon.
Reply 238
Dose anyone know of any horse lone's in st.helens meryside 3-4 days not to expensive
Reply 239
Has anyone on here ridden at the Northern Riding Centre in Dewsbury and if so, what is it like???

Quick Reply

Latest